Lanvin Homme Spring 2006

masuerte

What do y'all think about the new Lanvin Homme line? I haven't seen their fall line but they have one up for spring and maybe fall 06'.

Here's the spring line:http://men.style.com/fashion/collections/S2007MEN/complete/thumb/LANMEN

I started seeing it around Barneys and heard that it was the new direction of Barney's high-end co-oop brands... at the same time dropping Yohji and a few others. I was sorely dissapointed with the fit and construction as all the pieces seemed boxy. Not to mention the designs being ... IMHO totally whack. Sorry not being able to elaborate right now, I would rather hear more about your opinions. Especially if you disagree, maybe I'm missing something here. ^_^

00280m7sf.jpg

I'm not sure this qualifies for Barney's new "less is more" campaign for spring but I guess they're still gonna sell it.

Looks like I won't be visiting barneys for a good long time ^_^ (see my sig for explanation).

Elbaz is not designing this collection....he still has the title of creative director, I believe. But the official head designer is a man named Martin Ossenjdriver (i think that's his name), he used to be head of Dior Homme's design team.

It is very Yohji-ish in its pieces...especially the spring items on LVR. Relaxed, deconstructed, kind of a refined casual. I liked what i saw in stores, the quality is very good...the items are a bit overpriced, but it seems to be well made if you can shell out the money and are looking for a more mature casual alternative to jeans and such.

Great description fade. I like the way you put it. I guess the construction is def good quality. Some of the fall pieces have very interesting fabric. I guess I'm just not into relaxed deconstructed pieces... The yohji-ish description is on the spot in terms of sizing and fit.

• 3 months later...
those shoes are cool!

are they still on sale anywhere?

Brown's and Aloha Rag are the only two stores at which I've been able to locate them. Aloha Rag is completely sold out, and Brown's only has 6, 7, 11, and 12. I'm going to keep searching, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. :(

Brown's and Aloha Rag are the only two stores at which I've been able to locate them. Aloha Rag is completely sold out, and Brown's only has 6, 7, 11, and 12. I'm going to keep searching, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. :(
Colette Paris have these.

thanks guys.

hope i ll have a chance to go europe next month.

else, i ll have to try getting them online.

:rolleyes: