Nudie Svenska/ Straight Sevens

I J F

Just got these in at the store, seem to be the most impressive Nudies yet. They are pretty limited and seem to be straight, but the denim is insane, and apparantely some of the first runs were produced in Sweden. Sweden is very rare for denim to be manufactured there, the other lot are done in Italy. They are also Selvedge, and they are two tones, which may be called a cross-hatch, although I am not too sure exactly what to refer to it as. However, greatest Nudies I have seen.

M. U. F. C.

I believe they are just under 400 Canadian although thats usually a feee including all alteration charges, so im sure you are looking at 350.00, not the kinda cash I have at the moment. Although these seem like a must have!!

M. U. F. C.

Sweden is very rare for denim to be manufactured there

Presumably it's just the sewing that's done in Sweden, with the denim coming from Japan, like the Dry Reg Ralphs. (kinda like Rag N Bone. Sewing in Kentucky, denim from Japan or Atelier La Durance. Sewing in France, denim from Japan).

"We want to pay tribute to swedish jeans manufacturing, by producing this first limited edition of straight sven in sweden. The factory in the small village of hökerum carries on a long tradition that goes back to the late 50's. We are proud to present the result. Straight sven is a straight fit in italian dry selvage denim. The limited edition is recognizedby the swedish flag stitched to the waist band. Each pair comes with a book about swedish jeans history."

that's what it says on the Straight Sven Dry Selvage Limited Edition box.

Certainly the shipping costs from Italy to Sweden would be a lot cheaper, and there's no import taxes to pay too between EU countries.

Although if money saving was on the agenda then logic would suggest that making selvage jeans in Italy out of Italian fabric would be a lot less hassle than importing denim from Japan or importing Italian fabric to be sewn up in Sweden.

It could be a style(type of selvage quality)/availability(lead times/minimums) choice.

Quote:

I've heard that the cut on these is no no no good. The denim does sound neat, but a friend said that the cut is extremely unflattering

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Apr 25, 2005 12:35 PM

This is true. I tried them on last week and the cut was so-so. Too slim for my taste and they made my ass look whack...icon_smile_dissapprove.gif Nice denim tho, and I like how they came packaged in a box together with a book. They weren't quite as expensive as stated in this thread, only cost 190 euro (~250 USD ?). Then again I live in Sweden so shipping fees are probably lower than to the rest of Europe.

I guess its just depends on ones body type. There is a slim fit I tried on the 33/32 and they dont hug you although there is still a bit of room. I was really impressed with the fit, they are a bit slimmer than a regular ralf though. In my opinion at least

M. U. F. C.