Cheap Monday Darwinism

Stylen

Well.. My Cheap Monday Alive and Drys + Brown Label Patriots arrived today.I took them both out of the box and damn where the CMs stiff. Then I figured hey lets see if they are true to size or if what everyone else says is true.

I purchased 32s for anyone that doesnt know 34 inseam is on all of their alive and drys.

Waist: 17" so thats a 34

Thigh: 10.5"

Ankle: roughly 8"

Crotch: measured about 12"

CMs tags say they shrink 7%. So, for 32s that measure 34s, then they will shrink to just below 32".

The fit is pretty good even for being brand new. They definately need to shrink in the waist. Even though they are low rise, they have a pretty straight cut waist. I'm sure that will eventually change once they are broken in. out of the box the dye almost looks black, but as you can see below they are definately blue. Hopefully, they dont dry bleed too much.

For the money, I dont think you can beat them. As far as find RRLs cheap (thats pretty rare at least on ebay right now). Youll be paying at least 50 for them on there. The stitching seems pretty tough. They arent 21oz Iron Hearts, but they are what they are for the money. I'd buy another pair at this point. Ill see if that stays the same after they are broken in. Eventually, when I find a deal Ill pick up a pair of RRLs as well.

Since there seems to be a lot of guys here that arent exactly "for" CMs for one reason or another. Hopefully this will either change their mind or make me realize they had a point. Im going to take pics every 2 weeks to show the progress. Im going to try to hold out at least 90 days before washing them. We'll see how that goes. At most they may get a warm soak within the week, just to shrink them down so the waist fits more. I'm going to attempt to wear them everyday for at least a few hours. I've heard they break-in pretty quickly.

BRAND NEW 1/19/07 expect more early FEBback.jpg

front.jpg

full.jpg

Had them on. I actually took a pic. Ive been wearing them around the house today, since it was shitty out. It didnt come out too well. Plus like I said they are way too big in the waist right now. Ive really contemplated soaking them now, but Im afraid that theyll bleed out too much.

yaa they're definitely not true to size.

a 27" measured out to a 31.5" when i bought mine

Yeah there's a lot of guys on here that know what they're talking about and a lot of guys on here that are full of complete BS. At least now, people will have a definitive answer for CMs Alive and Dry's.