Ideas?? Help??

antirabbit

So, now that I am infected by you bastards for the taste of raw denim....

I have a pair of 12-13 year old RRL's (wow so much has happened since then...I am old), they are beat to shit and faded, they are also way too big (lost 70 lbs), they are tagged a size 38, they have a hole in the knee and all fading is all me....

Should I toss these? Patch them, do something with the waist? Give them away?

I have a lot of history in these (like 6 months of in patient rehab)

SO, if yall have any ideas of what to do with these beat up, too big, RRL's, please chime in?

DONT EAT THE MINTS

I don;t think you can alter them to your satisfaction. If I were you I would sell them on ebay, and put that money towards a new pair. Start a new chapter in your life, as it may. Or you can frame the jeans, which would be cool.

dude, somebody bought some Levis jeans from 1880... of course somebody will.... post some pictures, i would like to see em...

That isn't really a good comparison to decade old Ralph Lauren.

I agree to throw them on ebay though - people love trash nowadays. Screw the history, they have been sitting in the bottom of your closet for how long now?? If you keep them they are just going to sit there for even longer.. imo of course.

Dude there is a big difference between those 1880s Levis and his 10+ year old RRLs! His RRLs might be worn in pretty nicely, but you just can't compare the two!!! That said, I think you should hold on to the jeans, because unless they're raw selvage, RRLs don't sell very well on ebay. Also, it sounds like you have a lot of memories in these jeans, so the sentimental value might far outweigh whatever monetary amount you might be able to get for the jeans. I think you should search around here and see what jeans interest you and pick up a new pair to wear!

i know, but when he said: "You think some one would want my hell beat old RRLs?"

i just argumented with the 1880 Levis because i think people are willing to give money for anythin these days (i didnt like those Levis at all)... and you havent seen his RRL's yet ? so quit blabbin', we can discuss it when pics come around...

i know, but when he said: "You think some one would want my hell beat old RRLs?"

i just argumented with the 1880 Levis because i think people are willing to give money for anythin these days (i didnt like those Levis at all)... and you havent seen his RRL's yet ? so quit blabbin', we can discuss it when pics come around...

Wow. Do you even know anything about denim history? If it weren't for those 1886 Levis, you wouldn't have any jeans today. They are historical pieces and are deservedly bought and sold for ridiculous amounts of money. It doesn't matter what antirabbit's RRLs look like, they just can't compare. You really need to stop making so many dumbass posts.

well first thing to realize is that you cant wear these anymore. I've never heard of any 5 inch alteration in jeans in the waist, if it exists I'm sure its expensive. You can either hold onto them or try to sell them for $30-50 depending on how nice they are. Either way, I dont think you can wear them.

SS if you can find some LVC1886s raw you will pay becasue there weren't very many pairs made. They seem to have made allot of the ringworm 1886s pre-distresses but the raw ones are rare. And if you'd ever see the demin on them you would see why they're sought after. If you looking for the current trend these are not for you but if you wnt to be different and wear something that truly classic then maybe. These are not for folks that follow trends. The original Nevadas (1880s) sold for a small fortune.

Some also think of some of these LVCs as investments. For instance if you bought a pair of the 1886s raw in 05 when they were new you might have paid $200 maybe you could get $400 now if you had a pair NWTs raw. If you would have bought a pair of 1937 201s LVCs in 1997 for say $100 and didn't wear them and kept them NWT you could probably be getting between $400 and $600 for them now. I had a pair I bought maybe 5 years ago and wore the shit out of them paid $125 for the.They were NWT and I beat the shit out of them and sold them last year well worn for $235. I doubt you could get that for RRLs. Understand that one reason this happens is because 501s are classic. Fades will come and go but classic is just that.

Some also think of some of these LVCs as investments. For instance if you bought a pair of the 1886s raw in 05 when they were new you might have paid $200 maybe you could get $400 now if you had a pair NWTs raw. If you would have bought a pair of 1937 201s LVCs in 1997 for say $100 and didn't wear them and kept them NWT you could probably be getting between $400 and $600 for them now. I had a pair I bought maybe 5 years ago and wore the shit out of them paid $125 for the.They were NWT and I beat the shit out of them and sold them last year well worn for $235. I doubt you could get that for RRLs. Understand that one reason this happens is because 501s are classic. Fades will come and go but classic is just that.

is that right? i had no idea the resale market for LVC was so huge...so it's not just the vintage that gets the attention of buyers.

is that right? i had no idea the resale market for LVC was so huge...so it's not just the vintage that gets the attention of buyers.

It depends on which LVCs they are. Allot of the 555 stuff if its raw has been getting some high prices lately. If you can find a pair of raw 1886s from 05 you'll probably pay a buck or two also.

I checked them out today, I dont want to sell them. Ill give them away to anyone that thinks that they will wear them. I dont want to bugger around with taking pics or posting on Ebay. So, here is the deal, they are basically beat to hell, a hole in the knee, a tear in a pocket, and some fraying at the bottoms of the cuffs...pm me, when I get the chance (Tuesday), Ill ship them to you...FREE.

I think I would rather just give them as a gift!

I checked them out today, I dont want to sell them. Ill give them away to anyone that thinks that they will wear them. I dont want to bugger around with taking pics or posting on Ebay. So, here is the deal, they are basically beat to hell, a hole in the knee, a tear in a pocket, and some fraying at the bottoms of the cuffs...pm me, when I get the chance (Tuesday), Ill ship them to you...FREE.

I think I would rather just give them as a gift!

You know, a similar deal was given to the Native American's a few hundred years ago...

:P

TIP

Here are some 1937 201s 555 from the 96/97 goning for allot more than i paid. Should have kept them new wit htags. NAH I like wear'n em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Levi-201-XX-30s-Big-E-buckle-back-1996-RARE_W0QQitemZ190073393049QQihZ009QQcategoryZ125477QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1937-Levi-501-XX-201-XX-Buckle-Big-E-Jean-40-x-34_W0QQitemZ200070433797QQihZ010QQcategoryZ125477QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

haha. should have kept the deadstock NWT huh?

but wow. that's pretty mad...it's funny how LVC can go for so high, but 8 year old samurai jeans have never turned up on the ebay for a 450 BIN.

maybe on yahoo jp?