Dry cleaning my Hugo Boss jeans

Papillon

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and have used the search function for this, but couldn't find anything specific.

My question is this. I have a pair of Hugo Boss jeans which are quite dark, but they've obviously had something done to them to give them a pre-worn look. The thing is that I want them to stay like this as long as possible. I don't really want them to change in any way or get lighter.

I don't know anything about raw denim, but from what I can tell, it seems you guys are trying to achieve a certain effect from your jeans by wearing them for ages before washing. That's not what I want to do with these.

What is the best thing for me to do with them? Should I dry clean them? What are the 'side-effects- of dry cleaning them? Or shoudl I just wash them on a cool wash?

They were £140 (about $270), so I don't want to ruin them by dry cleaning them and having something go wrong (label says they are OK for drycleaning though).

Thanks.

um. I hope this helps...if your hugo boss jeans have a leather label, it'll sort of defect the leather due to the heat being processed over it, also when you dry clean it because of a stain you got onto your jeans or something in the likings of that, the spots the cleaner man cleans will lose some indigo on the area being cleaned and if you consistently dry clean your jeans instead of the just washing them, the cotton of your jeans will turn yellow.

yeah. cool.

Forgot to add, that you need to ask them not to iron out your jeans, or they'll completly own your creases

Dry cleaning is fine. What hugo jeans are they? I have some orange labels that I like which do not have a leather label but a stitched orange square in the back.

From what i know about Hugo Boss denim I don't think they have ever put out a selvedge line or really anything to write home about. What is so sweet about these jeans? 270 USD seems like a lot what is your favorite part about them?

Thanks for the replies.

Dogfarm, they're Orange Label HB67. The thing I like about them is the fit. It's all about the fit and cut for me, and I seem to often end up with HB jeans (my last 3 pairs in fact). I don't like low rise jeans, which these aren't, and they fit really well around the bum, and also have a nice width at the ankle which covers boots very well. I also like the details on them.

They don't have a leather patch, they have square orange stitching as you said.

I don't want them to go yellow, so maybe I should just wash them. As I have a few different pairs of jeans that I wear I should be able to rotate them so they don't need too much washing.

But, if dry cleaning is the ultimate in preserving them, maybe this is the way to go??

I don't mind the Boss orange label jeans they are nice my current Boss orange label are a really light weight broken twill about 10 oz I guess? They were quite raw and have broken in strangely. Anyway just wash them inside out in cold water (or hand wash) and then hang dry.

Hugo sizing is wacky though mine are a size 35 waist and in most jeans I wear a 32 and my actual measurements are about a 32 33 depending on if it is after Christmas or not.

Where to you live Pappy? Hugo boss orange label retail here all for under 200 CAD at Henry and HS stores.

My current ones are HB31

As for dry cleaning I am not a huge fan I don't really like the idea of dry cleaning (chemicals = yucky) and I have not had the best experience with dry cleaners in the past (have had a few things wrecked and some how no mater how many times you tell them a suit or dress pant is flat front they don't seem to listen).

Perhaps I should look into getting some 'proper' jeans - this forum has definitely sparked an interest. But for me, it is all about how they fit. Any ideas where I might start?

By the way, I am in the UK, hence the high price.

Pretty sure I am just going to handwash them and avoid the dry cleaners.

Thanks again.

If you like them, there is no need to get some other jeans discussed on this forum just to feel good about yourself.

if you want to dip your toe into raw denim, go get a pair of 501 STF for 20 pounds

Perhaps I should look into getting some 'proper' jeans - this forum has definitely sparked an interest. But for me, it is all about how they fit. Any ideas where I might start?

By the way, I am in the UK, hence the high price.

Pretty sure I am just going to handwash them and avoid the dry cleaners.

Thanks again.

papillion, always nice to see another uk user.

as for keep them as they are...

you will yet learn the joy of buying a virginial blank canvas and moulding it to your body, exactly and totalyl unique to you.

general rule of thumb is when you start calling it denim, you know you have been converted

Well if you are really into fit and your in Europe you could try and find some sweet raw Lees. I have some some lee 101b that have a nice fit to them. I am an actual 33 waist and I have full legs (sports etc...) they fit slim but not too slim for me a very classic cut. I also have some bootcut Lees with greenline half selvedge from the euroline which are made of very nice left hand twill denim.

If you could find a 101 cut in the greenline selvedge from the lee euro line that was raw, it would be a fun start I think. I might be blabbering....hmm... nevermind this advice sounds sucky now that i look back at it.