Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

Aeros

Am I the only one here who watches this show? Honestly it is the best show on TV. I can't get enough of it. The guy is not only funny, but I am extremely jealous of him. He gets paid to travel the world and eat incredible meals. I wish I could do that. Good food and travel are probably my two favorite things.

Holy shit he had another show? How can I watch it?

(FYI the third season of No Reservations is currently airing every monday night at 10 pm on the Travel Channel. Also the entire first season can be purchased on iTunes.)

I don't care for his personality too much, but his shows are pretty great. I'm a much bigger fan of Alton Brown.

i love the show, but i agree that bourdain doesn't have the greatest tv personality, however check out kitchen confidential and a cook's tour (i think you can buy the two as one book) as they were fun to read.

there was also a fox show entitled kitchen confidential that was based off of his life/book. it was a decent/good show. it's a shame it got canned along with arrested development.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally visited Salumi and it was excellent. Definately up to Bourdain's claim of "the best lunch place in the Pacific Northwest." Anyway, I watched the Los Angeles episode last night and I definately enjoyed it, but I was sad to find out that there will not be any new episodes of No Reservations until August.:mad:

there was also a fox show entitled kitchen confidential that was based off of his life/book. it was a decent/good show. it's a shame it got canned along with arrested development.

no. that show was horrible. it deserved to be cancelled, especially since the name of the restaurant in the show was "Nolita"... give me break.

but i love "no reservations". they should real put it on dvd. I like it better than Cook's Tour. If you read his newest book, "Nasty Bits", he has a chapter about why he quit/got fired from food network and moved to travel channel. Basically food network wanted him to turn Cook's Tour into a mostly america only show, like hitting the southern barbecue circuit and shit like that, and cut out the exotic trips abroad (which of course are the best part), anyway, Bourdain/his production team got pissed and used THEIR OWN MONEY to do the El Bulli/Ferran Adria special, thinking it could possibly be their last show ever (and not wanting to miss an exclusive chance with Adria). They came back to find out that Travel Channel wanted to pick them up...

it coincided with the terrible direction food network has taken over the last three years.

on a side note i wish death upon rachel ray and that stupid bitch who dedicates a whole show to like "half'homemade" entrees. Buying a fucking sponge cake and then putting strawberries and some wierd garnish on it is not half homemade u stupid fucking whore its just retarded..AARGGGGGH I hate her!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I get the travel channell........

on a side note i wish death upon rachel ray and that stupid bitch who dedicates a whole show to like "half'homemade" entrees. Buying a fucking sponge cake and then putting strawberries and some wierd garnish on it is not half homemade u stupid fucking whore its just retarded..AARGGGGGH I hate her!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I get the travel channell........

lol. agreed. she's terrible. paula dean too. and fucking flay.