Tailor in Tokyo

2000dB

I posted this in the small question thread, but no one replied yet... trying my luck here.

Does anyone know of good tailors in Tokyo? I need to have pants taken in and coats shortened, aliterations like that. I need someone that won't mess up the garments (obviously) and that can work relatively fast. Shoot any recommendation you may have!

I'm talking about fairly expensive and intricate garments. I wouldn't feel safe going to a dry cleaner to shorten coat, cheap or not. I don't mind paying, as long as it's a job well done and that the clothes are well taken care of.

I'm not talking about denim, but thanks for the info Chicken, I've only heard good things about that guy :)

The only thing that comes to my mind as of now is Aoyma Tailors, but I don't know anyone who had work done there...

I'm talking about fairly expensive and intricate garments. I wouldn't feel safe going to a dry cleaner to shorten coat, cheap or not. I don't mind paying, as long as it's a job well done and that the clothes are well taken care of.

I'm not talking about denim, but thanks for the info Chicken, I've only heard good things about that guy :)

The only thing that comes to my mind as of now is Aoyma Tailors, but I don't know anyone who had work done there...

Call your favorite clothing store (which is, I assume, a pretty high end Loveless type of place) and explain the situation, they'll direct you to someone who can do intricate alterations and might already be familiar with some of the brands. This and word of mouth is how you find good alteration tailors.

I have to rest sometimes, not that I actually rested today :P Plus it's risky to go to these stores, especially since my favorite got some S/S in!

Vincent, if you're still here check out SZ, Faust found some raf boots for you on ebay at a great price and they're ending very soon (less than 1hrs).