Red or orange Levi's

MetalGuru

Hi

I'm new here, so i don't know if this topic has occured earlier.

I have bought a lot of Levi's (501, 505, 517, 509) from eBay both red and orange tabs, and I've noticed a slight difference in quality between the red and the orange. The orange seems more "lightweight" if you know what I mean.

Anyone who knows the actual difference?

"Pardon my heart if I show that I care"

Neil Young

i wish they still made orange tabs. the orange tab 505 and 517's perhaps used a lower quality denim? who knows, i always liked it. The raw denim on orange tabs was Sanforized and obviously wasn't shrink-to-fit like the 501's. the coin pocket just had one rivet and there were 7 belt loops (way to go) instead of 5. zip fly. i think that there was the perception that orange tab was more the budget option relative to red tab.

I find deadstock orange tab 517 and 505 from time to time for less than $20. If you tell me your size I may be able to grab you some.

Most orange tabs have no rivets, long and skinny rear pockets, rear pockets are attached with a double needle, coin pocket is Lee style if there is one, double stitching throughout and felled inseam.

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Hey S des N, R.R.

What year are the Lee's with Capital letters?? Just wondering, I just found 2 pairs quite worn and nice, But one had capital EE's and the other did not. On the inside there are tags that say sanforized. One is sewn around the inside, the other at left and right edges.

They are from the same owner, can tell by the patches, on the knee they are similar fabrics.

Stupor curious.

later

SD

Blue Spirit.