denim shopping in tokyo

synchronize01

if you do a search using keyword "tokyo" with "search titles only" you'll find tons of threads about denim shopping in tokyo.

here's one:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19389&highlight=tokyo

if you go to ueno, americaya should have the samurai you're looking for. but you might want to call in ahead of time to check if they have your size.

hi there, i am new to this board and am heading to tokyo in a couple of days.

been reading up on samurai jeans and am planning to purchase the S0500.

where abouts in tokyo can i find a retailer? also, any other cool places to purchase quality japanese denim like 45 rpm?

thank you in advance =)

samurai's in tokyo at either americaya in shibuya or many stores in Ueno.

PBJ is up the stairs too, if you miss the sign, you won't find the store..

this reminds me, swych and i were discussing how sf tokyo maps need to be updated, especially for the denimheads. when i was there just few weeks ago, by randomly walking around harajuku area i walked into full count, omnigod, dubble works and red moon stores. don't think any of these are listed on the current map, and there's got to be much more.

even if you are not planning on evisu check out the store in daikanyama, just for the centerpiece/display alone. the only thing that i found a bit weird was when it was trying on the pants the salesguy walked in to make sure if it was all ok, but maybe that is just salesguy etiquette over there?

Chicken maybe you should just issue your own supermap, with more X marks the spot style directions. awesome.

to be honest, i didnt find Ueno all that helpful. It has all the shit for a Lighting magazine fan. I was never told this, but Ueno you can find

Studio Artisan

Warehouse

Sugarcane

Oni

Samurai

Evisu

Lee

Levis

Eternal

among some others... but there wasn't 45rpm nor Pure Blue, which was more the stuff I was after. 45rpm is on their website, Pureblue is in that awesome map of Chickens (walk past Bapecuts then past Ed Hardy).

threadjack- who makes supermaps nowadays?

swych, yeah, i think your assessment is true. you can even get bootlegger's in ueno. some hardcore lightning mag kind of shit.

if i knew you were looking mainly for pure blues and 45rpms, i should've sent you straight to harajuku/shibuya area. you might have enjoyed american rag cie and beams stores too, if you didn't go to those places. the redmoon store between shibuya and harajuku was more comprehensive than the one in ueno, too.

Haha thx, but Ueno was definitely an experience. Had to go there just to see another side to the flashy Shibuya style shopping. Also the octopus balls were awesome there.

Probably shoulda sent me to shibuya/ harajuku for that stuff, but due to its overwhelming barrage of shops and spectacles, in the end, what we need is a new supermap.