Kitsune - ?

englandmj7

Anyone have any experience with this brand? I know it is French, and that they have a website.......but it sucks:

http://www.kitsune.fr

They have a small spread in the newest issue of Wallpaper mag and their stuff looks fucking great.....affordable too. Supposedly Colette, Steven Alan, United Arrows, and Dover Street Market carry their stuff.

Anyone?

Yeah, I know they make music, but they also make clothes....apparently, they basically do collabs with random designers and stores such as Collette and only make a few pieces. Here is some random shit they have done:

4cmxc29.jpg

47v1479.gif

2aflqhv.gif

49j8imq.jpg

Anyone seen it in person in any of the stores listed? It isn't on any of their websites.

I'll probably go to DSM London later on this week when I have some time. I can take a look at the stuff and let you know how it is. ANything in particular?

Thanks man.....actually I am just curious what some of the other price points are like and how limited the stuff is. Just mentioning what DSM has in stock from them would be great.

Thanks man.....actually I am just curious what some of the other price points are like and how limited the stuff is. Just mentioning what DSM has in stock from them would be great.

No problem. DSM is having a sale, and apparently most of the stock is 40% off at the moment, so I was going to pop in anyway.

It'll be a busy week for me though, so I won't have a chance until Friday. But I'll post here after I've taken a look.

No problem. DSM is having a sale, and apparently most of the stock is 40% off at the moment, so I was going to pop in anyway.

It'll be a busy week for me though, so I won't have a chance until Friday. But I'll post here after I've taken a look.

Sweet, that would be great.....

I really like those grey chukkas (?).

You need to see them on, they are fantastic. Wallpaper mag has a pic of a model wearing them and they are amazing.

I've been interested in Kitsune for awhile but never bought anything. I plan on getting a pair of their raw denim sometime, they look proper slim and long. It's not the cheapest label out there (I'm thinking their stuff costs about twice over comparable April 77 stuff?). I always thought they were a Japanese label since I've only seen it in Tokyo (I think it was at Nano-Universe).

Sorry to put it that way but Kitsuné is as wack as it gets. It's neither forward nor affordable.

A bunch of stores around here carry them and from what I've seen it's 850$ for a (cashmere?) cardigan with a little fox (kitsune) patch. Same price for a jumper and a few hundred bucks for jeans that aren't exceptional at all. It's not bad per say, it's just bland and ridiculously overpriced (maybe that's also because it's japan though). They seem to be cashing in with the popularity of their compilations (which are arguably bad themselves, but I won't get into that tonight) which is probably what I would do too, but I'd hire better designers because it's just ridiculous.

My internet is weird at the moment so I can't see the pics posted in this thread. My opinion is soley based on what I handeled in stores this season, maybe they have much better stuff coming...

I have a feeling I'm coming off as a dick in this post... :/ I do like the website though.

Sorry to put it that way but Kitsuné is as wack as it gets. It's neither forward nor affordable.

A bunch of stores around here carry them and from what I've seen it's 850$ for a (cashmere?) cardigan with a little fox (kitsune) patch. Same price for a jumper and a few hundred bucks for jeans that aren't exceptional at all. It's not bad per say, it's just bland and ridiculously overpriced (maybe that's also because it's japan though). They seem to be cashing in with the popularity of their compilations (which are arguably bad themselves, but I won't get into that tonight) which is probably what I would do too, but I'd hire better designers because it's just ridiculous.

My internet is weird at the moment so I can't see the pics posted in this thread. My opinion is soley based on what I handeled in stores this season, maybe they have much better stuff coming...

I have a feeling I'm coming off as a dick in this post... :/ I do like the website though.

Hmm.....if that is the pricing in Japan that is pretty ridiculous. From what I have seen, however, their jeans are all around 140 euro, the cardigan in Wallpaper was 90 euro, and the suede chukkas were 300 euro. Those are pretty good prices to me. Maybe it is horribly jacked up for Japan.

my opinion of the brand will solely be based on their prices. I really hate brands that blatantly price their stuff too high and produce small quantity of it to make it less attainable.

If they prices are like england said, then I like the brand. They do have a stuck up vibe to them though, so I dont find it unlikely that their prices as wackkkk

Same here, jinx. When a brand prices it's own stuff that high, then it's either gotta be really impressive quality or fit or something other than the little logo that 2000db was talking about. If the prices are more along what England was saying, then it seems to me that they're more interested in selling nice clothes at reasonable price points, as opposed to trying to rip me off.

Guest jmatsu

their garments aren't hideous. it's just that the pricepoints don't match the merchandise.

it's basically too dj/graphic designers. one french, one japanese. the graphics are nice, a couple of collabs were okay, their music is GREAT, but the clothes are kind of boring.

Sweet, that would be great.....

You need to see them on, they are fantastic. Wallpaper mag has a pic of a model wearing them and they are amazing.

I only had time to poke my head in for about 20 minutes, but I didn't see the stuff there. Didn't have a chance to ask the staff however.

For reference, they were selling April77 jeans for £85, I think, which isn't too much of a markup. Since Kitsune is also based out of Paris, I would hazard a guess that the price point differential would be similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

Hello,

Yes the prices seems very different in Japan ; in fact the "Chukkas" (Serie.01 is the right name) are a collaboration between Kitsuné x Pierre Hardy.

There are limited : 300 for the world.

If any of you is very interested by Kitsuné, I'll be in Paris in february, and I was asking myself to go at Kitsuné shop rue Thérèse (only by appointment)...

Damien.

I only had time to poke my head in for about 20 minutes, but I didn't see the stuff there. Didn't have a chance to ask the staff however.

For reference, they were selling April77 jeans for £85, I think, which isn't too much of a markup. Since Kitsune is also based out of Paris, I would hazard a guess that the price point differential would be similar.

Sweet man, thanks for looking anyway!

Hello,

Yes the prices seems very different in Japan ; in fact the "Chukkas" (Serie.01 is the right name) are a collaboration between Kitsuné x Pierre Hardy.

There are limited : 300 for the world.

If any of you is very interested by Kitsuné, I'll be in Paris in february, and I was asking myself to go at Kitsuné shop rue Thérèse (only by appointment)...

Damien.

PS: sorry for my poor english ...

Let us know some price points / stock updates when you do; that would be great. :D