Sign in to follow this  
goldengloves

Mackintosh Coats

Anyone in the U.S. ever seen them for sale except for at Nom De Guerre? I have been trying to track down a Mackintosh Summer Duncan coat and I'll I keep coming up with are links to yahoo Japan and Rakuten. This would work, if I wanted to pay the $800 or some odd dollars for the coat....which is way out of my price range.

So has anyone seen them on sale ever? Or in the UK?

macsummer27.jpg

^ Too bad it's $900 +

jcrew got one

Real Mackintosh are expensive, even in the UK where they are made they are usually over £300. They are cut to go over a suit really so wont be that slim.

You can't wash them or dry clean them as they are rubberised cotton which will perish if washed with soap. You are just supposed to sponge them down with warm water. If kept incorrectly the rubber tapes on the seams will soften with time and start to let in water.

Don't know where you can get them in the US but Liberty in London usually has a good selection and they stick them in the sale at the end of the season.

J.Crew has an Machintosh jacket i saw before when I was in their store

The whole point of wearing a Mac is so you can pop up the collar! Fuck hoods. Nice coat though.

totally agree with you that's why i want one.. pop that collar

I know this question has been answered before but has anyone found any stores in the U.S. that carry Mackintosh jackets (not collaborations)?

Really digging this Mackintosh jacket! When do the fall/winter sales usually start?

mkt14.jpg

Sorry to bump this super old thread, but anyone here own a Mackintosh?

After something fairly slim fitting, so considering the Dunkeld from End. Anyone own one? Or tried one on?

Thanks!