your condition before finding the truth.

red

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

7th and 8th grade (early 90's) is when i noticed my older cousins stlyes, ill for back in 93. so i copied it. stussy, fresh jive, kik wear, girbaud, gat, starter, the game caps, all of that.

hs (mid 90's) started wearing kani jeans, polo sport, hil, nautica, helly hansen,nf but the budget was real limited for a hs kid.

college (late 90's) switched it up to more of a backpacker style. had crazy nf coats, started wearing 555 and union alot but with sweats all the time. had alot of acg's, 95 & 97 am's.

i guess my style hasn't changed too much now. still rocking t's, jeans and kicks on a regular basis. just more fitting now that i'm pushin 30's.

I basically had a less refined Andrew Reynolds style for most of middle school and high school. With a couple years of all black to represent my love for dark industrial music.

I've had a thing for shoes for as long as I can remember, as well as having my own style. Basically like diamonds, superfuture just opened my eyes to the huge amount of unique brands out there that I can access in order to better define my own style/gain bragging rights over most of the population of Colorado.

I guess my style was kind of depicted what my interests were over the years.

Middle School--If it had Nike, Adidas, Polo, Guess, Tommy, or Abercrombie on it, I was all over it. Never really had a style or a look, I just loved sports and since my friends did too, I figured I should reflect what they had on.

Freshman Year of High School--Got pretentious about the music I listend to, started skating and snowboarding, and my clothing style changed as well. I wore a lot of band t-shirts and generic skating brands that were a size too big and jeans that were relaxed cut and two sizes too big. For shoes, I always went with Puma and Vans.

Sophomore Year of High School-Went away from the pretentious music stage, got into video games, tennis, and yo-yo's and finally found my real high school friends. I started wearing polos that were now two sizes too big and a lot of dorky looking wide-legged khakis.

Junior Year of High School--Found a girl I thought I loved (lawlz) and she really changed my style. We went for weekly clothing trips at Gap, Banana Republic, etc. I basically looked like a complete tool--as if I had just grabbed the clothes off the manequin. She did make me realize, however, how poorly my clothes fit me. So I looked like a Gap model--at least my clothes fit.

Senior Year of High School--The girlfriend broke up with me, I panicked, and realized I was buying clothes for her, not myself, and my interests were changing to match her, and not myself. All my girl friends were trying to comfort me, help me out, that kind of deal, so I ended up buying a shit load of clothes from Abercrombie, Diesel and 7FAM jeans, more Gap/BR, some pseudo high-end Eurotrash like Energie, Armani Exchange, etc. Thought Asics were the most awesome, unique shoes ever.

Late Senior Year and Pre-College--Realized I needed some help since the girlfriend was gone and all my friends were off to college as well. I ended up trying to find all of these style tips from shitty sites like Askmen and shit. Found Styleforum, got a pair of Nudie Masa sized down two (lawlz), wore them to school, got laughed at for how tight they were, and swore never to go on SF again. Then realized how stupid I was for buying them so tight, bought a pair of Regular Ralfs true to size, and never went back. I wore a lot of basic tees from H&M, Apolis, Zara, etc with Vans, NikexAPCs, and Chucks.Found Superfuture, laughed at some of the hypebeastiness, loved some of the fits (Mike Lowrey's old stuff), got deeper into denim but couldn't buy any of it.

College to current--Pretty confident in my clothes now. Wearing Skulls, Imperials, and PBJs for jeans, much slimmer than my Nudies but I love them and I think they fit me well. I wear my jeans slim/regular fitting, tighter than most guys at my school but at least they are proportionate and not sloppy like everyone else here. For tops I still do a lot of basic stuff with nice outerwear/hoodies from MJK, W+H, Spruce, etc. Pretty happy with what I have going.

Man, that was fucking weird realizing how all that shit changed my clothes so easily.

Highschool:

F year, stuck to my school uniform

S year, sporty rap look, dunks days

J year, nothing important

S year, got really into N*E*R*D*, got a pair of boutique icecreams first kid in school to have em and thot i wuz thee kewlest kid evar.

College:

1st year, bape, ebisu. Thats it. Thot I wuz thee kewlest guy evar. got into SBs.

2nd year, splurged hardcore on ebisu, traded out of bape and more into nike, but was getting tired of streetcouture and more so the highschool kids and new people buying into it.

This year, found sufu, I like denim, but more like I want to find the perfect pair of jeans to wear forever. Not a big fan of loud colors. Trying to reflect my area (midcity) more so wear what is popular in other areas.

I think I was coolest my freshman year of highschool, honestly. I wish I never got into SBs, my favorite dunks are the first pair I ever bought in Sophomore year of highschool.

pretty much always skaterish.

growing up in the suburbs was pretty blinding in terms of fashion...

not that I would've had the money to buy nice things anyway.

I started taking notice of clothes when I noticed my boss at the time always wore black, gray and white. I thought it was neat and then started to notice how nice his jeans looked and just how everything he wore complimented his not-so-great body so well. my first *big* purchase was a pair of nudies. got hooked on the concept of "jeans as art", joined the nudie forum, then found superfuture through there a week or so later I guess.

christ, i was a mess, looking back at it now. then i had a revelation one day, and decided to change my whole apprearance and outlook around.

When I was younger .. I was just a graf head who listened to hip hop. I wore mostly Nikes, Adidas, Girbaud jeans, Triple 5 Soul hoodies, NY fitteds, North Face jackets.

Got into streetwear for a couple years, but then my music horizon expanded drastically just from downloading anything and everything, and I realized that most of the people into the streetwear shit are fucking retarded .. and my sense of style changed also.

my Style=

Crap-->Hypebeast-->Sufu-->5th D

Still trying to make them all work for me, Sufu taught me how clothes should fit, and about quality, 5th D, when it's just right, the knowledge is unparralled. So many guru's, but lately they ain't sharing shit. I want to learn man. I know there is something even better than sufu and 5th (and it ain't stylezeg.), just don't know what/where it is. I'm like the silver surfer trying to expand my knowledge