Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead

notesee

Halfway through the album and I like this shit a lot so far. I was really worried after how bad Street's Disciple was, but on my first listen through, this shit is on point. Good selection of beats, and of course Nas comes with the lyrical.

are you going to be able to "share" this too?

i almost wish nas never made illmatic. its a great album and all, but it sucks for him that he cant put a record out now without everyone pre-hating on it for not being as good as his debut.

like dude, everytime you get laid are you thinking "i'll fuck her, even though i know it won't be as good as the time i lost my virginity."

cause that would be a shitty way of going about your life.

its not the fault of illmatic, its your own fault, or the fault of those who do it. if you base your expectations of a new album on an old one made 12 years ago, then youre just fucking up your own experience with new music. I think its ok to compare albums and you should do it, but if you base your expectations completely on old albums then youre not open to anything to different. all I expected in both Jay's and Nas's case was a good album and personally I'm quite happy.

what goes for Hip hop is Dead, it has a few great tracks, but I think it also has a few really bad beat choices. Where are they now, Who Killed It, Play on Playa, Blunt Ashes, wasn't feeling those at all.

its not the fault of illmatic, its your own fault, or the fault of those who do it. if you base your expectations of a new album on an old one made 12 years ago, then youre just fucking up your own experience with new music. I think its ok to compare albums and you should do it, but if you base your expectations completely on old albums then youre not open to anything to different. all I expected in both Jay's and Nas's case was a good album and personally I'm quite happy.

what goes for Hip hop is Dead, it has a few great tracks, but I think it also has a few really bad beat choices. Where are they now, Who Killed It, Play on Playa, Blunt Ashes, wasn't feeling those at all.

i agree. many some tracks i didnt like. ive only listened through it once, and skipped the ones that bugged me.

but so far, my thoughts are:

wasnt feeling L.E.S. beat on the first track.

will.i.am impressed me.

the jay-z track could have been WAY better. i was prepared to cry, but the song was mediocre at best.

kanye gave him a bad beat. well at least compared to kanyes other beats.