The Zen of Denim

Kane

(As mirrored on the other sf)

Right, Denimheads.

What's your absolute favourite, lust-inducing piece? What piece would you kill to add to your collection? Why?

Colour. Texture. Imacculate ball-hugging fits that make every step feel too good to publicly describe in a forum.

Dish the dirt, yo.

I completely drool over most of the 45rpm denim. The color is just an amazing indigo and I like thier subtle details.

For the price though, those PBJs are fantastic! The texture is like nothing I've seen before on a pair of denim. Pictures do not do those things justice.

I also wouldn't mind these from Kicking Mule Workshop, they sound interesting.

112906v.jpg

"November 29, 2006—While more fashionable types seek out lower-priced, no-frills denim, Boulder-based Kicking Mule Jeans isn't giving up on the true-blue connoisseur. The company's new 1950 Classics, which go on sale next week exclusively at Odin in New York and Arlington, Virginia's Denim Bar, are woven and hand-dyed at what Kicking Mule cofounder Joe Vernachio calls "a tiny fabric mill way out in the boondocks in Japan." What's more, says Vernachio, "Because of the way they're made, the dye is pushed all the way through to the core of fabric, meaning they won't lose their color." On the downside, their fabric is too delicate for machine washing, and before they're broken in, the jeans feel a lot like high-grade sandpaper. But Denim Bar co-owner Mauro Farinelli expects such inconvenient facts will only add to the jeans' appeal. "No one does hand-dying in the States, and denim nerds want something that's totally different and that's a true piece of art," he explains. "And the fact that they're crusted and slubby with indigo dye before you break them in gives them a perfect texture." Another fact that may help sales: Only 40 pairs are available. The price? An eye-popping $600, same as a new PS3. Not that your average denim nerd knows what that is."

From style.com

i woudl really love to get a pair of SDA 103's. I had a pair in my hands but i decided to sell em cause for some reason I thought they would shrink too much when i soaked em. Little did i realize that they would have fit me fine. Alas, i now have a pair of dior 21cms which are pretty sweet. Owning a black pair wouldnt hurt either.

currently?

45rpm Sorahiko slims - I too lust over most 45rpm jeans, but prefer slimmer-fitting cuts than most of the ones that are offered.

Iron Hearts 21oz - Heavy denim. "mmmmmm"

Finally, the Japanese 19cm dior glitter-lurex that I purchased from Hugtherapist. - Exclusivity, cut, wash, and the fact that the glitter is really subtle; hardly visible in the daytime, but at night under a streetlight ... wow.