Wallabees

violetsareblue

it depends how you "wear" your shoes. i "overpronate" according to a podiatrist, which drastically affects the way my shoes wear. for example: the outside rear of my soles wears much faster than any other part because of the way I walk. the crepe sole on the wallabee only magnifies this, as it does wear down much more quickly than a regular rubber sole (on, for example, a sneaker). in addition to the fact that crepe wears faster, the sole of the wallabee is slightly narrower than the actual shoe, which accentuates the wear even faster. also, i've heard that it's x-tremely difficult to find someone to resole them.

is it worth it?

yes. wallabees are unbelievably fresh.

the soles are what they are.

they do wear faster as werdtoyourmoms pointed out.

wallys are a classic and you kinda have to live with them the way they are.

since we are on the topic of wallys and soles... anyone ever get that ankle roll with wallabees?

ankle roll was definitely an issue. especially on the cobblestone roads in new york and other places. that shit would kill me.

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth.

but concerning the soles, ive worn my wallys everyday for the past four months and theyres still plenty of sole left. its not a problem at all. and ive gone climbing, skating, golfing, sitting in my wallys.

wallys are the shit. except for the ankle rolling part.

I wore Wally's to school everyday back in high school, beat 'em to death. But it took about two years of wearing em everyday for the sole to really look deteriorated.

Last year I got a new pair of the same ones (black suede, gum sole). I haven't been wearing them that much, but I'd like to get some black leather wallys too.

they're soft man. that's why clarks are so comfortable. i went through a couple wallys back then.

btw, screw wallabees, check out the clarks desert boot. that's a must have these days. quote me on that.

i have always loved clarks, but thanks to the mod re-vival craze of 2002 the classic desert boot and modern desert trek have become a bit overplayed. fortunately, i was able to find a suitable alternative, i think this model is called the desert mile? i got them at a clarks outlet store for quite a steal, both pair for 60 bucks. they were on sale for 40, and the second pair was half off.

desert_boots.jpg