Uniqlo - any good?

Fingathing

You will generally find positive sentiments towards UNIQLO on this board. I have several items from them and I think they are fantastic quality for the price. They certainly have a much better price:quality ratio than say, H&M does. I am sure this topic has been discussed before. You may want to do a search and check out some other threads.

Thinking of buying some crews and some shirts, however, are they much cop or just cheap rubbish?

You get what you paid for I know but I hear Uniqlo are good and some think its garbage. Can anyone help?

i think you would be hard pressed to find better quality at the same price as Uniqlo.

That said, it's still cheap, and the quality isn't superior, but it's better than anything readily available at its price point.

Well, I believe they will change the sizing (spec/fit block) a bit just for the American market. For mass market in the US, size Med is much bigger than size Med in Asia. (Don't give me the American male is more manly crap.. we are just fatter than other people) Quality wise.. It shouldn't be much but I doubt it might be a bit less good than the quality in Japanese store due to shipping cost, quota price etc.

I have a ton of plain tees from the Menlo Park store here in Jersey and the sizing is a bit odd. A brand new medium plain tee is pretty relaxed and quite lengthy but after a wash they fit quite well.I've also had the same experience with their pique polos. The Dry tees in the same size are more fitted,perhaps because they're not 100% cotton and dont shrink as much. All in all I don't mind their sizing as it is right now but for some reason my navy plain tee still fits quite large.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm not exactly slim so I could see how the sizing wouldn't work for some of the skinnier posters here

when the store was located by busy work shop

i got a few tees. i remember that the tees fit HUGE

i have a couple pieces from when the original soho store opened up and yes they redid the sizing on alot of the pieces, id say its more in line with the stuff that I've gotten in Japan. i emailed them a while back inquiring about XS sizing and they replied saying that it was not available but lo and behold, go to the broadway location now and you can get certain things like sweaters cardigans etc in XS...

I got a Hanes sweatshirt the other day at target for 15 bucks at target and it is already falling apart after a handful of wears. spend 10 more bucks and you can pick up a uniqlo hoody that is supersoft thick and really comfy. well worth the price. their blank t's are also great. nice fit, nice weight, nice cotton, and cheap.