Why is Williamsherb so wack?!?!?!?

Shwilliamsburg, Williamsherb-- whatever you want to call it...

why has this neighborhood gotten to be so awful? It is full of hipsters and art fags who call claim to be 'too broke to live in the city' yet they still pay $1200/month for a shitty studio.

The L train at night is possibly the worst thing ever.

WILLIAMSBURG IS WACK

THE STORES ARE WACK (beacons closet is o.k.) THE PEOPLE ARE WACK

ALL YOU FAKE ASS TOURISTS GO HOME

by the way- has anybody noticed that 'williamsburg' is expanding further east every week? Sooner later there is going to be no bushwick at all.

I'm with you but.... let it grow. In the beginning everything is pretty lame while it's trying to find its identity. Lame "hipsters" or whatever have taken over/claimed/invented Williamsburg but lets see what it ends up becomming? 20/30 years? Lame right now though for sure. Over-saturated. Over-hyped. It's like if Urban Outfitters had a capitol city... LOL

-Dub

Yeah, its kind of bullshit now! I remember I was trying to bum a place over in that neck of the woods, dude was trying to rent me a 2000 a month shit hole, next to a trendy lounge...and the funny thing about it is, its straight gangsta with all the PuertoRoc's right next door. I bet they aint payin 2K! Foreigners love this place, very trendy, artsy...yeah right, dirty, and all that good shit.

"Ipods are a necessity of life." - random dude getting on the L train.

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure I saw a dude beggin' for change on the corner of n8th and Bedford with white buds in his ears.

Williamsburg is always good for a laugh.

has anybody noticed that 'williamsburg' is expanding further east every week? Sooner later there is going to be no bushwick at all.

Good. The less of that fucking dump there is the better. Williamsburg may be full of annoying trust fund wankers churning out shit art in their overpriced warehouses, but I'll take that over streets filled with garbage and crackheads any day.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Apr 4, 2005 at 01:59 PM

the art fags are crackheads themselves--- they just pay more for their shit.

That neighborhood belongs to the crackheads and hood rats:: gentrification only ruins a neighborhood.

Williamsburg in 20 years? Full of overpriced condos which will eventually force everybody except the 'elite' out of the neighborhood. More fancy hotels and restaurants and a lot more stores selling limited edition everything.

Bushwick is real deal-

Edited by ReasonRumRunners on Apr 4, 2005 at 05:22 PM

This is how stuck up the BillyBurg people are: TimeOut magazine did this joke a few months ago where they had a man walking around their streets wearing a billboard and a petition to bring a Starbucks there (there are NO Starbucks there!). Apparently he got yelled at and threatened by the delusional snobs...some of them were driving in cars and actually stopped to accost him from their car window!! I'm not the biggest fan of Starbucks either but this was too much.

Park Slope is a beautiful, neighborhood but it's just such a hassle (in my opinion) to go to and from Manhattan. They've got great shops (chain/retail types and little mom-and-pop types) and restaurants and has a fair mixture of young trendy types and yuppie couples. People who live there I'm sure are used to the commute but I hated it when I lived near there. Try getting a cab to take you home at 4am on the weekends -- they stop and ask first where you're going, when they hear it's deep in brooklyn, a lot of times they refuse to take you.

If you're looking for Brooklyn areas. I personally like Brooklyln Heights. If you love restaurants you will love the Cobble Hill area which is directly south of Brooklyn Heights.

I lived in Carroll Gardens (3rd Place and Clinton) and it was amazing. I had the whole first floor of a brownstone to myself. Unfortunately the owner of the building sold it, so I had to move out. I thought about renting again in the Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill Area but the prices had gone up too high. For perspective, I was paying $1200 for my Carroll Gardens apartment, a lease that I signed in April 2003. I chose the $1200 apartment in April 2003 after I looked at about 10-15 apartments in Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens, all for $1500 or less. When I went apartment hunting in the Fall of 2004, the same apartments were between $1600-$1800. Brooklyn has BLOWN UP since Corcoran and all of the other major realtors have bought out the small realtors of Brooklyn. To sign my first lease in Brooklyn, I used Ross Realty on Court St. When I went back last fall, they had been bought out by Corcoran. I learned afterwards that there were very few small realtors left in Brooklyn. Bummer.

I've since moved to 23rd St. on Manhattan and there is a rather large jump in convenience in Manhattan. The funny thing is though, I never thought brooklyn was inconvenient until I lived in Manhattan. I miss the quiet streets of Brooklyn and walking down Court Street into Cobble Hill/Brooklyn Heights. I don't miss the F Train one bit -- that train was such a hassle, day and night.

Edited by peteyross on Apr 5, 2005 at 07:36 AM

"Too much one way or the other ruins a neighborhood. I've no more desire to have to deal with junkies / crackheads / wannabe thugs outside my door than I do to have to pay $2,000+ for a apartment you can barely move in"

I feel you on that-- but the fact is that these people were there first... its their 'hood. And now they cant afford to live there anymore (even if they own their apartments-- they are being HARASSED by landlords to get them out)

I guess its all a part of the evil real estate game in nyc.

Brooklyn heights is defineteley dope-- the promenade is very nice, and very easy acess into the city

Edited by ReasonRumRunners on Apr 5, 2005 at 09:00 AM

Edited by ReasonRumRunners on Apr 5, 2005 at 11:08 AM

the fact is that these people were there first... its their 'hood. And now they cant afford to live there anymore (even if they own their apartments-- they are being HARASSED by landlords to get them out)

Yeah, you're right there. The poor are always the first to get fucked over when an area that nobody wanted to live in before suddenly becomes an attractive prospect to realtors. On the other hand, some neighborhoods are so fucked up and miserable to live in that the only hope for them is that some money will come in. What these areas really need are politicians that actually give a shit about their constituants...community groups that want to protect and improve the area...people who will make sure there's low income housing mandated in any future developments.

Those things are way harder to find than they should be though.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Apr 5, 2005 at 09:23 AM

Quote: Park Slope is a beautiful, neighborhood but it's just such a hassle (in my opinion) to go to and from Manhattan.

I used to live on 7th and lincoln. It took me about 15 minutes to get to union sqaure by the Q, I found the transportation to be great.

i was right on the border of park slope and prospect heights (flatbush and bergen). i absolutely loved it. right above the 2/3 train. cabs all the time. at work on 51st and 8th in 45 minutes. shit has blown up all around there (5th ave, court st down in cobble hill when halcyon opened). if i had to move back, i'd be back there.

venice, however, is redonkulous.