will Dickies stretch in the waist?

superBobo

I don't know that they stretch as such but once you've worn them a while and they've gone through the wash a few times they'll lose their initial starchiness. I wear Dickies everyday and once you break them in they'll be supercomfy.

You probably won't be able to pull them down much lower though since there're cut to be worn more on your waist rather than on your hips.

they dont' really stretch out like denim does, but you can let dickies out about 1.5" in the waist. you have to pull the rear seam. do this before you wash it or the outside fabric will fade and you will have a weird ass stripe down the back.

On all of my older dickies you can do this but on a newer pair I have you can't, I dunno when they changed it though.

oh... i havent' had a pair of dickies in like 5 years since the oi years... didn't realize they quit making them that way.

It's too bad they stopped because the waists are ridiculously tight on those pants, compared to how big the legs are. I've had better luck with generic brand work pants fit-wise.

On this topic, does anyone have any suggestions for slimmer work-type pants?