Bicyclettes

canice

What would switching from a 52/19 ratio to a 48/19 ratio do for riding? It results in lowering the skid patch from 78 to 68.2.

Slower, easier to skid stop, less effort, "PICK UP FASTER = easier to chuck a wheelie"

Cheer,

Dub.

How is it that it sucks? Can't travel very fast?

Thanks Dub

Yer and when u going down a hill..ur leg will turn into a fireball.....and sometime if the gear-ratio is too low u will have massive spinning out and loss control.

nice, what's your setup?

ehh.. everything is windsor the hour 07 stock (bikesdirect.com).. except for a few things.

painted frame,

painted aerospoke,

some old bmx seat,

some bmx chain,

some bar from my crutches.. just put ourys on them and bar ends from school desks..

forte doubleprong plastic clips.. (i have steelytoes, but saving them for next frame..)

different rear tire each week :[ 48X16 weak for patches.. (picking up 18t later today tho!)

the eye of sauron on the back of my bike... my precious haha.

all in all, cheapo ride, but i have fun. - aerospoke cost more than the bike...

with how shitty the american dollar is doing, i'm sure buying direct from iro might be the cheapest way. do what my friends did... email tony and ask if he has any frames that have dings or scratches, he'll sell them for wayyyy reduced rates.

i rode bmx for a good few years and it annoys me to see people commuting on them, just doesn't seem like what they were designed for. even on 24s i think you'd be better off with a decent full sized bike.

with how shitty the american dollar is doing, i'm sure buying direct from iro might be the cheapest way. do what my friends did... email tony and ask if he has any frames that have dings or scratches, he'll sell them for wayyyy reduced rates.

thanks bud.

i rode bmx for a good few years and it annoys me to see people commuting on them, just doesn't seem like what they were designed for. even on 24s i think you'd be better off with a decent full sized bike.

I agree that if you've got to get from A to B quickly then a BMX is a shocking form of transport but they do have the ability to make a mundane commute a lot more interesting.

On a completely unassociated note Scott Ditchburn and Ben Lewis are too good...

Scott

Ben

Brassknuckle is a real good frame. I'm currently building one right now (will be done in 2 weeks) another friend of mine has one and says it rides superb. The thing w/ the Brassknuckle is the sizing of it is a little awkward. The headtube is a 1 1/8 threadless and the seat tube is a 31.6 which is huge. I have the tee19 stem and bars which I want to put onto that frame but thing is, I need to change the fork to a 1 inch threaded fork. So I'm going to have to get head reducers. But really I'm not too sure if I want to spend another 300$ to get that done, I want to ride now! So I'm just going to hold onto those bars until I get another frame later this year when I go to Japan. ;)

Picture9989.jpg

I don't normally recommend people use a 20" to 21" BMX bike to commute, even though as somebody already said, it's quite fun and CAN work if you don't have many hills to climb.

I'm only 5'7" so a 24" BMX works great for a commute for me...

And while we're posting links to vids.. check this shit out...

Simon O Brien rips it on a homemade vid.. Simon won the goldmedal for Flatland at the X Games before they scrapped that part of the event altogether..