First soak?

likewtfyo

you would soak raw denim before wear in order to get all shrinkage out of the way. This would be valued to ensure that the fading doesnt change place. If you're worried about them getting too small in the soak, you could wear them in a hot bath in order to make sure you get a good fit

can anyone tell me what is it about the first soak?

This only applies to unwashed completely raw denim and not everyone worries about it because many people size down due to most denim in the raw having great stretch ability to become a nice fit .. If you buy one-wash raw not applicable unless to size up / stretch . If you buy them too small the same ...

i heard it's done to shrink the denim to contour your body. so that it fits beautifully?

If you size down it will fit beautifully as you put it to contour your bod yes ..

If you buy xx shrink raws unsanforized the 1st soak is to get them down to tag size and not worry about the sizing being fucked later on and all your wear on the jeans becoming " not your own - not original "

water contracts and shrinks the weaving of raw denim tighter knit like

if you need the jeans to fit you perfect you either wear them while soaking or soak them ( inside out in a tub ) and then let them drip dry a few hours then wear them an hour or so then re-hang or wear them til dry if you want the creases and such to be set more hardcore from the start ...

This only applies to unwashed completely raw denim and not everyone worries about it because many people size down due to most denim in the raw having great stretch ability to become a nice fit .. If you buy one-wash raw not applicable unless to size up / stretch . If you buy them too small the same ...

If you size down it will fit beautifully as you put it to contour your bod yes ..

If you buy xx shrink raws unsanforized the 1st soak is to get them down to tag size and not worry about the sizing being fucked later on and all your wear on the jeans becoming " not your own - not original "

water contracts and shrinks the weaving of raw denim tighter knit like

if you need the jeans to fit you perfect you either wear them while soaking or soak them ( inside out in a tub ) and then let them drip dry a few hours then wear them an hour or so then re-hang or wear them til dry if you want the creases and such to be set more hardcore from the start ...

So what you say is that you size down, soaking will not be necessary ?

still necessary if you dont want to worry about them shrinking after their 1st real wash .

Plus denim that is sized down needs to become form fitting so a soak will help them to stretch while still damp .

yes wearing jeans while wet can be strange ( and cold ) but necessary if they are shrink to fit type of denim .

many are not

If you see a jean you like and are not sure if they are shrink to size or what not just ask .

Hey guys, thought I might post in here instead of making a new thread.

Well, I've soaked my pair of jeans once already (cold), but I wanna soak em again, and this time warmer, thing is, I've been wearing them for almost 2 months, and I'm afraid that I will "lose" the honeycombs if I soak them too soon, what do you think?

Hey guys, thought I might post in here instead of making a new thread.

Well, I've soaked my pair of jeans once already (cold), but I wanna soak em again, and this time warmer, thing is, I've been wearing them for almost 2 months, and I'm afraid that I will "lose" the honeycombs if I soak them too soon, what do you think?

this is not nearly enough information... are you asking if water saturation will the creases? are you asking if the jeans will shrink more? the answer to both of these is case by case. soaking will take some of the creases out of your jeans, as this is the nature of water and fabric, but if they are developed enough and warn enough there is a good chance they will return in the same locations post soak as the fabric is abraded there and would have a tendency to crease there again. this is also more of a possibility if its a slimmer cut. shrinking also depends on the case. are the jeans sanfordized? if so than it probably won't matter at all. if not, then soaking in warm water as opposed to cold will definitely shrink them more.

They're not sanforized.

I decided to cold soak them the first time, and then go to the tailor to get them hemmed, and now I want to hot soak them to get maximum shrinkage.

"But if they are developed enough and warn enough there is a good chance they will return in the same locations"

This is what I'm talking about, I'm afraid that the honeycombs hasn't "come out" fully yet, and thus I will make them move by soaking them too early and making the denim all rigid again.

Basicly I'm curious of what you would've done.

http://www.misantropi.se/photo/clothing/flathead/1m/honey.jpg

This is a picture I took 2 weeks ago of the honeycombs mentioned

you can soak um goam .. Just don't agitate those areas more than running your hand over them like to " brush the dirt off" while they're in water ..

And don't ring them out after washing and rinsing .. Just hang them and let um drip dry ..

MOST the combs will stay and they will set back also as long as your soaked 1st ..

teh shrinkage after that point will be minimal except to the places where they have stretched out like waist which will return to the same way it was before stretch ...

Also after hanging a few hours put them on so they stretch to similar size and the combs and such will set at the same places ..

just dont button up the waist all the way // stretch that after all else is good