how jeans fit on girls

white_giraffe

i was thinking about getting the cheap monday tight (not sure which wash yet) but i was reading the posts on cm's and some said they run larger and some say they run smaller... also that they stretch alot like spandex. anyone have pictures of some cm tights that have been worn alot? or what they think about theirs they have had a while? are they so cheap that they fall apart?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that cultpop has, I think they look great on guys / girls alike, that I've seen. They should fade like most other raw jeans, although I personally haven't seen any faded much.

I would also suggest to other girls to try April 77s, they have really nice raw, stretch, denim. Available at Seven online, in addition to others.

I have a pair of the cheap monday "tight" got them from scout, overdye black. they are a mid rise with about a 12" opening. I do not find it the most flattering. i really prefer a 14". first off they are a unisex jean and so they are higher rise than i am used to, the waist does not dip at all in the front, that is my major qualm with the pair. They are really stretchy, esp after going all day wearing some dry denim. I am glad that they are popping up more and more places but i see no variety, only the 12" and usually gray stonewash. I have seen on the cheap monday website numerous varieties of jeans much much more than caliroots including one called the "shoe fit" which looks to me somewhat more like what I prefer in jeans: low rise straight NOT tapered.

hey, so this thread has sparked my interest in getting my gf a pair of raw jeans for the

gift giving season. from what i can surmise from her preference of wearing paige jeans,

is there any raw jeans that have a 7" rise, 14" knee, and 2% lyrca? i've been looking

but really, who am i kidding trying to find jeans for a girl. any info from the superladies?

edit: doesn't have to be 2% lyrca if not applicable =)

i know, and i know she likes her paige jeans.... but she's been watching me for quite

some time fucking around w/ my jeans, and is starting to "like the whole process"...

so, of course i'd like to jump on it, and try to bring her down into my little world... and

who said voyaging out of their comfort zone isn't healthy?

Honestly, if your girlfriend likes wearing paige jeans or the sorts of that such as Diesel, Chip and Pepper, Joes, TR etc. then just buy her something in that area range, not everything is nice because it's raw.

you should tell that to the 50 new members who started thread about 501 stfs.... :o

Honestly, if your girlfriend likes wearing paige jeans or the sorts of that such as Diesel, Chip and Pepper, Joes, TR etc. then just buy her something in that area range, not everything is nice because it's raw.

I agree. I bought a pair of Edun's for my girl's bday. They were straight leg, with indigo fading *not white!*, and actually looked a bit like genuine wear. They fit her really well (pencil shape). The reason I got them instead of raws is because raw denim is an acquired taste- its only good for people who are interested in the genuine wearing process. To others, jeans are just jeans. Not to mention that not many people (girls especially) are willing to sacrifice the hygiene and rough texture against hte jean for something they haven't initialy be interested in.

I'm a girl and nowadays I wear one of these three brands:

I totally love my APC Cure (Narrow). I would have gone for New Cure, but the store was sold out and I'm happy with what I got. I don't like it when my jeans are too girly, I'm past that low-waist phase and, thus, the APCs are perfect. Classic no nonsense jeans.

I also have Acne Hex (two pairs) and Hep. Though the fit is amazing on both models (the first with a rather high waist and tight, tapered legs and the second slightly roomier with a low waist), the denim is not all that. Plus they are twice as expensive as APC.

..but I'll continue buying them because they make my butt and legs look good.

Cheap Monday on the other hand, is about half the price of APC. You get what you pay for, quality wise, but they're great for a while.

Beware that both the regular and tight style vary a lot in size depending on the wash. Tight raw and stonewashed are about the same, but overdyed black is significantly smaller. Stupid me, I bought without trying them on first, and they fit me like lycra leggings. Some might be into that style, but I feel a little too exposed.

How about the Nudie Super Slim Kims? I haven't tried them on yet but seems like sorta something you are looking for. http://www.mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2753

hey, so this thread has sparked my interest in getting my gf a pair of raw jeans for the

gift giving season. from what i can surmise from her preference of wearing paige jeans,

is there any raw jeans that have a 7" rise, 14" knee, and 2% lyrca? i've been looking

but really, who am i kidding trying to find jeans for a girl. any info from the superladies?

NUDIE SLIM KIM

So I just got done talking to my friend, whose girlfriend just bought a pair of new cures today at the NYC shop, and he was telling me how there are TWO different types of new cures. There's a men's style and a women's style (according to the salesperson at the NYC store). I punched myself when he told me this because I just bought a pair of New Cures for my girlfriend from denimbar and had to have them "special ordered"... hopefully Mauro purchased the girl's style. After all, I did tell him they were for my girlfriend.

anyone has the answer how the geishas look on women?

You can probably find this by doing a search here, but I have some pictures of Geisha on my girlfriend at my blog. Those pics were taken when they were brand new so keep in mind they probably will fit differently after some wear... They were also taken before soaking...

really? do you by chance know of the difference? i'm guessing lower rise and slimmer ?

So I just got done talking to my friend, whose girlfriend just bought a pair of new cures today at the NYC shop, and he was telling me how there are TWO different types of new cures. There's a men's style and a women's style (according to the salesperson at the NYC store). I punched myself when he told me this because I just bought a pair of New Cures for my girlfriend from denimbar and had to have them "special ordered"... hopefully Mauro purchased the girl's style. After all, I did tell him they were for my girlfriend.

for those curious, or for those who pre-orderered the slim kim from revolvevlothing and are now questioning their choice of size. (myself included) mycatwalk, an australian website posted the waist and hip measurements on their website. :)

http://www.mycatwalk.com.au/pages/nudie-jeans_1.html

i can sleep at night knowing that I didnt order too small.

i am really excited. I am not a fan of the apc new cure due to the high rise, I have a pair of their "hipster jeans" and they are a straight leg with a 16" opening, I find the look altogether too boyish. Herein lies the conundrum for I dont want to get them hemmed/pegged until about the 6 month mark you know when they get washed etc. POOPY. I dont understand all the hype about high waists coming back in, i am on the petite/stocky side and low waists will forever be the most damn flattering thing on me. Anyhow, I am eagerly awaiting my slim kims, i just wish j brand made raw denim it would make my world alot better. <3 the 914

i got my gf a pair of slim kims....they say these fit one size small.

she usually wears 25, got a 25, and it tooks us like 2 wks to finally stretch them out enough so they she can button the top. but now it fits like a glove, and she loves them. so moral of the story? all jeans will stretch. and it takes dedication, willingness to suffer/take pain, to get the perfect fit, ha ha. so always size down! (or your usual size for slim kims).

hey, i don't know much about selvedge jeans... since i wear skinny jeans. do you guys happen to know what the slimmest pair of selvedge are??

I'm not 100% sure but Skull Jeans' 5010xx is pretty slim looking, and so is the Linda but I'm not sure if the Linda is selvage.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/list_btm001.html

do you know if any stores in california carries skull jeans? or is it available only online? too bad i can't read what the site says! :(

I'm not 100% sure but Skull Jeans' 5010xx is pretty slim looking, and so is the Linda but I'm not sure if the Linda is selvage.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/list_btm001.html

I was thinking of grabbing my girlfriend a pair of Denim Birds...but have decided to keep looking around.

The Skull "LINDA" looks great. She's a small asian girl and wears a 0 short or 00 short.

So by reading, some said that this cut might fit small? So should I get the 0 or what?

I also wish I could read the site, if anybody is willing to help, that would be great, haha.