Manila Jan. 4th-15th. Dubai Jan. 16th-20th. 2007

Jeans&Kicks

I'm going to be in the Philippines, mostly in Manila Jan. 3rd-15th. and Dubai, United Arab Emirates Jan. 16th-20th. 2007

Can anyone tell me where I shoud go site seeing, shopping, clubbing, and swimming/tanning in Manila and in Dubai? I know there are no beaches to go to in Manila, but can you guys suggest good beaches in the Philippines, as well as in Dubai.

those two seem like a rather random combination..if you dont mind my asking, do you have relatives currently working in Dubai? alot of filipinos nurses and otherwise seem to go there for contract work before eventually making their way to the states..

i'm actually heading to manila around the same time you are, I'm going to boracay, firs ttime for me going to A beach in the philippines although this is my 4th time there. i'm sure others have better suggestions as alot of people say its gotten a bit too commercialized, but thats fine by me...

do a search theres a couple threads on manila..

and check out this thread..

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=5985

If you go to Boracay and want to stay away from the touristy crowds and whatnot, try booking a stay at Club Panoly. It's an awesome, secluded little resort with it's own 'private' beach. Great people working over there too.

I highly recommend it: http://www.thepanoly.com/

As for shopping/clubbing...check out Rockwell, Shangri La for high-end shit. Greenbelt too.

I have a bunch of friends who are into throwing parties/club nights over there...look for anything thrown by STEAK Productions. I guess you should check their website for updates on events in January: http://www.steakproductions.com/

Let me know if you need any more tips!

I'm heading to Boracay (and Manila) too at the end of this month. My first time to the PHI. Any tips would be more than welcome.

By the way.. do you people pre-book the flight from Manila to Caticlan airport? Or do you just go to the terminal and buy the ticket on the spot?

I'm heading to Boracay (and Manila) too at the end of this month. My first time to the PHI. Any tips would be more than welcome.

By the way.. do you people pre-book the flight from Manila to Caticlan airport? Or do you just go to the terminal and buy the ticket on the spot?

You should pre-book. I don't think you would have a good chance to catch a flight if you just bought it at the airport.

Also another important tip:

Make sure to be wearing SHORTS on the boat ride from Kalibo (the dock you head to after arriving at Caticlan) to Boracay. You will be disembarking from the outrigger boats a couple paces from shore and in almost waist deep water. (same goes on the return trip)

It wouldn't be pleasant to get your jeans soaking wet right?

bring a lot of weed!

those two seem like a rather random combination..if you dont mind my asking, do you have relatives currently working in Dubai? alot of filipinos nurses and otherwise seem to go there for contract work before eventually making their way to the states..

i'm actually heading to manila around the same time you are, I'm going to boracay, firs ttime for me going to A beach in the philippines although this is my 4th time there. i'm sure others have better suggestions as alot of people say its gotten a bit too commercialized, but thats fine by me...

do a search theres a couple threads on manila..

and check out this thread..

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=5985

Actually my Mom works for the United Nations, and she is currently working in Asia. She recommended Emirates Airlines and also suggested that since Emirates Airlines has a connection between New York and Manila, that we stay in Dubai before going back to N.Y.

This will be my thrid time going to the Philippines. I have family in Manila. The last time I was there i was seven years ago, so I didn't get to go clubbing and do those type of things. I did get to go to Boracay the last time I was there, but I wanted to know if there are any other places that might be better.

How are the prices for designer clothes in the malls in Manila?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in Dubai?