Chainstitching in the SF Bay Area?

T A M A D

damn, I just called Jaime's and asked about chainstitching and was told they had a union special machine! holy shit!

here's the info:

Jaime's

4340 Redwood Hwy # A-36

San Rafael, CA 94903

(415) 492-1325

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and they look great. He did a superb job with the chainstitching. Quick turnaround time too - got mine back in 3 days.

It's funny - Jaime asked me what the big deal was w/ chainstitching and why I wanted it in the first place. I told him that I've heard that it's a stronger stitch than the normal one and he said it wasn't true. According to him, it's only stronger when used on softer fabrics...not denim.

Anyways, I've included some pictures of my Ironhearts pre and post-hem. As you can see, the post-hem quality is on par with the original.

prehemog2.th.jpg

Original stitching

posthemyl1.th.jpg

Jaime's handiwork

jaimesdb1.th.jpg

Early 80's-flavored retro office park Jaime's is located in. Not at all where I expected it to be!

Nice! I believe chainstitching has more to do with the flexibility than strength... but for hems, it just looks so fucking cool when you cuff them up... :)

What was the cost?

It was only $18. I thought it was a pretty decent price considering I had jeans hemmed that cost around $20+. But then again, that was in the Marina.

I remember asking the tailor in the Marina if she did chainstitching and she said that only factories had those machines. Haha!