being hunted- prps review

35mm

Why is everybody all up on beinghunted like some bitch? Pardon my French, but too many cats let beinghunted dictate what is "COOL" to them. Whenever beinghunted does a feature on a brand, all of a sudden it becomes the fickle hipsters favourite new brand, regardless of the fact that they have never seen, worn or touched any of their product offerings. Some of the features beinghunted does are dope, but they have a lot of misses to go with those hits. Don't let the views and ideas of one or two idividuals dictate your whole perspective on fashion - damn. its like MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO going down.

ive seen those purple selvedge line jeans before there ok, but not worth the heavy price tag. the other pieces of denim the have are kinda too crazy, with too many rips, stains, paint, etc. etc. on them.

BTW how much is their average price? I agree they do way to many details.. It gets a little saturated.. I prefer minimalist style.. But... Their washes are beautiful, and I think some unusual buttons/rivets are very good. Don't like them black though. IMO it would be great if other companies follow their style, in terms of using top quality (is never too much) like natural dyes and cotton (from Africa), Denim made in Japan, different rivets/buttons.

a friend of mine had a chance to see some of their denim pieces not too long ago...from what he could gather, the denim quality is very good, and the attention to detail is exceptional...however, nothing groundbreaking, and hence, probably not worth the $$$...but time will tell how hype dictates prps's success...

I had a chance to see PRPS denim in person last week @ american rag la brea. the quality is very good but the price isn't. They had a couple of pieces there averaging from $300-$350 USD.

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

their jeans that i have tried on fit a li'l too full through the thighs and ass for me...not rag and bone large, but too big for my taste. some of the washes are pretty gross, but the overall finishing is great. and the price is weird...i've seen a pair of jeans in one store for $185 and the same pair in 2 others for $350. weird.

RHFIV

i havent read beinghunted's feature. i dont check beinghunted that much anymore. dont get me wrong props to everyone who does the site. its just become a bit of a hype machine. some of the "birdies" they supposedly recieve seem pretty company driven. but thats just my humble opinion.

prps has never really caught my attention. i always see it union. its a bit much for me. the whole overly distressed thing isnt my style. the price definately is deserving with the amount of craftsmanship and material quality.

personally the fit seems a bit baggy and widelegged for me. i tend to stick to rogan and helmut lang. both straight legged. not too tight and not too baggy.

Head designer at PRPS (Donwan Harrell) used to be the head designer (with his brother Emmet) at Akademiks.

ew.

but word, saw the new stuff at Union (and felt it) and shit is top choice.

thought prps stood for "PROPS" which is what i was giving them mentally while on the train home. shit is reallllllly tite.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

Quote:

I actually copped 2 prps shirts at Century 21 for like $20 each

--- Original message by d on Mar 29, 2005 03:23 PM

man i haven't been there in like ages but yeah, good find! discount shopping is so much more satisfying.

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

I picked up a pair of dark indigo PRPS from the new collection last weekend. They are fantastic. They are not selvage, and they have a little bit of a permanent wrinkle to them but it is very natural and subdued. The were $190. I saw the selvage pair too -- they are great, but they cost $285. $190 is already too much so I didn't splurge for the selvage.

I'll agree that much of the PRPS range is WAY too contrived and distressed. However, the pieces that aren't distressed feel extremely well made and have a great fit. My legs never take very well to the 501 replicas so the somewhat wider PRPS fit is great for me. I only wear jeans once a week (work in an office) but I would probably buy another pair of PRPS jeans, providing that they aren't all fake/distressed. The purple selvage is great. I don't think anyone should comment on any jeans unless they have first hand experience. I like these better than my APC English fits (no I'm not going to stop wearing my APC's).

Edited by peteyross on Mar 30, 2005 at 10:28 AM