Earnest Sewn Kyrre

Konfucius

• 3 weeks later...

Those pictures posted of the Kyrre's from the style forum are mine. Sorry I don't have any pics with them on yet. I don't own a digital camera my friend took those pictures. I personally love them. I feel they are just a bit different that what I normally see. I was going to buy APC New Standards but they weren't dark enough. I love the details that Earnest Sewn has that stands out among other jeans. I think the fit is similar to the New Standards except the bottom is just slightly more tapered and the thigh has slightly more room they are also a lot longer. I could honestly care less about the half selvage thing, what is important is that the demin was milled in Japan, plus they have little strips of selvage in unique places which I like. Is the $200 worth it? In my eye it is. I stand out a bit in these and they fit me like a glove. I was going to consider getting Nudies but I didn't like the way the denim felt, they don't have a fit that fits me good with a selvage edge, their non-selvage denim just feels light and cheap to me and I hate the stiching on the back pockets.

you arent gonna stand out. ES jeans are a dime a dozen. If you really wanted to stand out. You should have bought a pair of jeans thats not quite as popular as ES.

Relax dude. Not every pair of jeans you buy has to be the most amazing pair out there. Nor do they have to be the rarest. They look good on him. If he bought a more 'rare' pair of jeans, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll stand out more.

Whenever I notice someone wearing a fly pair of jeans, its usually the fit I notice first. And it's not like after I get a better look of the jeans and find out they're "ES" (in this case) I just start hating on them.

I'd just be like "Damn those Earnest look good!" Even if they are popular, it's not like everyone looks the same in them. Honestly, if he just those pictures up in the waywt thread, would you be able to tell them were Earnest Sewn? Assumming you didn't know about the big pockets (which you didn't). Probably not.

Relax dude. Not every pair of jeans you buy has to be the most amazing pair out there. Nor do they have to be the rarest. They look good on him. If he bought a more 'rare' pair of jeans, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll stand out more.

Whenever I notice someone wearing a fly pair of jeans, its usually the fit I notice first.

I'll second this sentiment for sure. Fit plays a big role, and I had a pair of early ES that fit me amazingly. I got more compliments wearing them than nearly any other pair of denim I own... I certainly see the appeal in rare/expensive/unique denim, but I'll also always have a couple pair of well cut, with no pocket details pairs of jeans for when I don't want to be wearing denim that looks unlike anything anyone else has on (45 rpm, ES, and Rogan are some of my favorites in this category).

Basically, kind of like derdankund said. They fit me like a glove. For me it is hard to find skinny jeans that my bulging thighs will squeeze into. Most straight legs end up looking like bootcuts just because my thighs fit too tight. I guess that is what 12 years of Martial Arts will get you... And yeah, I don't see a lot of Sewns around. Everytime I turn around I see A.P.C's and Nudies and God know's why Seven's but ultimately they are right for me.

• 5 months later...

I just got my kyrre's in XX in 33. I usually fit well in 32 or 33. But they seem to fit a little big compare to other jeans in raw. I guess it's because of the low rise thing ( yeah it's my first skinny pair of jeans i usually like straight).

Have anybody experienced with the stretching/shrinking on the kyrre's?

Thanks

the es kyree is a nice cut, but for the price you're better off going with an APC, lvc, julian red, john bull, etc. cone mills half selvage and only semi decent workmanship.

Yeah I won't buy it for $200. But Revolve Clothing has it for less than $100 after 30% off :).

I heard that es shrink very little but stretch a lot. Their denim seem very hard to break into that's why lots of people are discouraged by es line.

But I really love their cut: contemporary with traditional details.

i dont remember his name but the guy who has the daughter with the sams has some es kyrres and they look damn good on him, more so that the pics posted above (which loook pretty terrible due to the sag+big pockets)

that would be sam from context clothing. when i went in to buy my nudies, i actually tried a pair on and really liked them. paisley pocket bags, detailed donut hole fly buttons, topstitching over the fly holes, etc.

• 1 year later...

its been about a year that this thread had any replies i have done some searching and this is the only thread i could find. i picked mine up for $50 at Nordstrom rack im lucky to get them at this price because they are a pretty nice pair of jeans.

x pic from fit thread,about a month of wear

jeans003.jpgjeans004.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yeah as far as quality and wear, I swear by Earnest Sewn and I actually don't really have too many jeans that aren't. The Kyrre cut is the only cut I don't have and I'm looking hard for them. Miami sucks.

Theromantics, why the hate?

I have a pair of the coated ones, I think size 29...

They have the most retarded fading because I wore them riding my bike all summer when I got them.

If you wanted to buy them I would probably charge you extra because of the bike seat fade, you normally have to put in work for that.