SBU Jeans

Gaston

i have a pair of SBU's in grey denim i got at a big discount at filene's basement. They're decent jeans but extremely overpriced at retail. i think they go for high $200's or something stupid like that...so many better choices for that kind of money. this is one of those brands that "exclusive" men's clothing stores sell at a huge margin because distribution is intentionally kept small and exclusive. i wouldn't really call the cut trim: more like standard straight leg with a medium-high rise.

It seems as though the SBU jean offers two different models, the DEAN model which is a more of a regular rise and with a full straight leg and the ACE model which is a lower rise and trimmer straight leg. I've also noticed a high percentage of elastane in the jean about 9%. It does retail at a high price but so do big name brands like Dolce and Gabbana, Versace and Helmet lang.I don't know, I tried one on today at a local Specialty store, the ACE model and they fit really well, what I also liked was the wash, it had a great aesthetic to it, very medern and contemporary, accented nicley with the contrast stiching. They also offered a brown color in a good wash which I haven't seen before. Seven did a brown wash a couple years ago but it looked like shit brown.