APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im only at 4.5 months on my hipsters and I just got a small hole in the crotch from bowling! They arent ready for a wash yet but from what I read washing helps to strengthen the denim. The crotch area is really weak and soft and was wondering if a wash would ruin my progress thus far.

planning to get a NS what size should i get?

i wear:

levis 501, 32"

uniqlo s-001, 32"

uniqlo t-000, 32" and 31"

H&M slim, 32"

actual size around 31"

what should i get for NS? ta

seems like you like to wear a bit baggy for the Levi's 501?

cuz the uniqlo ones are low rise and you wear 31"

I say 29 for NS

Im only at 4.5 months on my hipsters and I just got a small hole in the crotch from bowling! They arent ready for a wash yet but from what I read washing helps to strengthen the denim. The crotch area is really weak and soft and was wondering if a wash would ruin my progress thus far.

mine are at 3 months and i got about a hole with a 2in diameter. pretty lame. but w/e i just ordered some pbj.

hear ye,

if you haven't already heard all the reports. there is now an APC surplus store in williamsburg, bklyn with past seasons and other crap going for at least 60% off. tis the second APC surplus store to open. Also serves another place to get your denim. However, denim is not marked down. PM for more details/location, or just google it.

Little help...

Been wearing my Cures for about 2 months now and not seeing as much contrast as I'd like. Reading this thread people seem to give them a soak before they start wearing them, heard it kind of unlocks the indigo. So I'm wondering with 2 months in what kind of a soak would I be going for, and would that completely remove the stifness? Thanks

Little help...

Been wearing my Cures for about 2 months now and not seeing as much contrast as I'd like. Reading this thread people seem to give them a soak before they start wearing them, heard it kind of unlocks the indigo. So I'm wondering with 2 months in what kind of a soak would I be going for, and would that completely remove the stifness? Thanks

throw them out their ruined.

nah just kidding. i soaked mine @ 3 months and again at 4 months. they take a while. im only starting to get decent lines and i wear mine everyday pretty hard.

seriously. fuck this thread.

Throw it on the toilet and flush twice. Create a new one, sticked, closed, with the damn FAQ copied ... 10 times in big font and in everycolor, and a simplified version for retard, in every language.

the 501 was a gift :P it fit quiet baggy(i dont really like it)

i would like to have a fit size(not to tight/loose)

from replies, im guessing size 29,28

thanks for answering my questions, trying to get a pair online and i cant try it on local....

Australia is bad for jeans

I think i am about the same size as you

cuz i wear 31 for T-000

I wear 28 NS and it was tight at first, took me 30mins of wearing it at home before I can fully button everything up. after 6 months of wear it has stretch to wrap around my waist not too tight

Anyone else have any ridiculous problems with their crotch blowing out? I've only had my NCs less than two months and there's a spot that's showing significant signs of wear, and is wearing thin already. A hole is not too far off. This sucks. Are there any preventive measures I can take, or should I just let it blow out and then get it tailored? I've never seen a repair job that's looked decent to me, even ones that are often well recieved on this site...

Preventive measure: stop wearing it

Common sense measure: wear it, let it blow if it ever does, then repair, and continue to wear it

Advice: you shouldn't care about how it looks or how ppl on sufu will tell about it. Crotch blowing is a consequence of your thighs and other things, it's not your fault. Nobody will blame you about it.

I did a hot soak, since I wore them without soaking for the first two months, and they've shrunken back to their original size and the weak spot seems to have tightened up. Still looks like it's going to go soon though, eh. Thanks for the advice, I was just really hoping to at least get 6 months or more out of these without any repairs.