Uniqlo — Japan's H&M — Signs Up Chichi Brands for NYC Store

doctorgnar

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished reading WWD! with article "Uniqlo Taps Designers For Capsule Collection"

For womenswear theyre working with:

Lutz & Patmos

Kino

Alice Roi

Philip Lim

GVGV

For Mens:

Cloak

Satoru Tanaka

HALB

Uniqlos Capsule Collection will be available to all of its stores worldwide!

^ incredible if that really pans out and all the stores do stock, there's actually a Uniqlo about 10 minutes from me!! I never get the good shit without paying double first... at least if it's Uniqlo, paying double is still no skin off my teeth :P

damn it after reading magazine i opened DNR and magazine and same news but more about cloak! the capusle collection will start on february and one month each for every designer! cloak will launch in april with water repellent windbreaker, pique polo shirt, jeans, cotton twil trousers and shorts.

Plokhov said,"the polo has a gusset at the neck opening, and the shorts have cargo details and everything is in black or gray with burst of white. i've given everything with my stamp."

so we guys better mark our calendars!

I just came back from Rockefeller Center. Basically they had a few kinds of jeans, a few blazers, cardigans, coats, cashmere sweaters, nothing you haven't seen if you regularly check the Japanese site. The space itself was quite small and a bit difficult to find. (I've never been to the concurse level of rockefeller, I'm not a tourist)

:| i just came back as well.

it took me FOREVER to find. NO SIGNS outside, NOTHING.

and when i finally got there, all i could do was laugh @ the frustration the search caused. it was seriously a joke in there. after all the searching i felt i needed to buy something, and when tahts the case, i usually end up doing so.

this time, ther was NOTHING that i was actually interested in. :\ bastards. first time i was dissapointed in my uniqlo experience.

just finished reading WWD! with article "Uniqlo Taps Designers For Capsule Collection"

For womenswear theyre working with:

Lutz & Patmos

Kino

Alice Roi

Philip Lim

GVGV

For Mens:

Cloak

Satoru Tanaka

HALB

Uniqlos Capsule Collection will be available to all of its stores worldwide!

HALB is such a shitty label. Why are they even wasting their time with them? Good to see Cloak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

050207vdj2.jpg

May 2, 2007—When Alexandre Plokhov announced he was shuttering Cloak back in December, there was double cause for concern—not only was New York losing one of its more adventurous labels, but what was to become of the lower-price line the designer was set to do for Uniqlo? We're happy to report the latter went ahead according to plan, and turns out to have been well worth the wait. The capsule collection includes jeans, button-downs, and shorts, but our favorite items are Plokhov's cotton polos, which sport smartly truncated collars, button-down breast pockets, and epaulet-evoking detailing on the shoulders (apropos for a military man–turned-designer). While fans of Uniqlo's playful approach to color may be disappointed at the muted palette, the Russian-born designer says his blacks, grays, and whites pay homage to his adopted hometown. "I wanted it to be like a postcard from New York," he says, while also characterizing the line as "Cloak's cousin from Japan." The collaboration marks Plokhov's first foray into mass-produced fashion. (While Cloak had about five staffers, he notes Uniqlo has five "just to choose the buttons.") And happily it won't be his last experience with a deep-pocketed partner. Since March, he's been consulting on Versace menswear. "It's been surprisingly easy and invigorating and liberating at the same time," he says of the Spring 2008 collection, which is set to debut in Milan on June 23. Haven't gotten our seat assignments yet, but at least we know what we'll be wearing.

— Paul L. Underwood

http://men.style.com/news/style/050207

so is the plokov polo shirt. i bought it, but didn't like the fit and returned it. the fabric felt cheap... wasn't worth $29.50 to me

only the plokhov is out

for Satoru Tanaka, there are shirts, a blazer, skinny jeans, and skinny chinos. I tried on the chinos... they were like nuthuggers

let's just clear some things up here...

in terms of menswear, the Halb collection is the only one that i am aware of having been cycled in and out of Uniqlo NYC.

for menswear, it has already gone through Lutz & Patmos, and now Phillip Lim 3.1

is in?

either Plokhov is all in or not?

i'm going tomorrow to find the hell out.

only the plokhov is out

for Satoru Tanaka, there are shirts, a blazer, skinny jeans, and skinny chinos. I tried on the chinos... they were like nuthuggers

Out or sold out? So much for my thinking it might last until June, when I'm next in NYC...