Tailor In San Francisco

Carl

I need to get a couple of blazers altered slightly.

I searched in the archives but couldnt find anything.

So i took it to google and came up with a few different places: Escobars Master Tailors, Seymour's Fashions, and Andreas Gorges Tailoring.

Any opinions on those places or other reccomendations?

I figured the super future opinion would be the best.

This is so strange, I stumbled upon this earlier today,

http://www.notcot.com/archives/2006/05/als_attire_sf.html

The pictures look pretty good, I don't know anything about San Francisco, so I don't know how far North Beach is.

Hope this helps.

Al's is definitely dope. Custom tailoring, I don't believe he does alterations. Custom made shirts, suits, jackets and hats. Shirts start at around $100 to give you an idea about his price point. I was there once and Al (the tailor) had me try on a coat for one of his clients who had a similar build. Coat was out of this world. Detailing was ridiculous. I would've bought it if it wasn't $1500 :(

The Dior store sent me to Vladimirov Vladimir, you can check them out too, they're located on the 12th floor of the "beauty building" on Geary, the building has a ton of beauty salon, a few tailors, and a modeling agency (on the 14th floor i think), so not a bad place to hang out, lol...

166 Geary Street

Suite 1200

San Francisco, CA 94108

(415) 982-7730

If Cable Car Tailors is anything like Cable Car Clothiers I would avoid it like the plague......Cable Car Clothiers has a great selection but I will be damned if they have the highest markup of any store I have ever been to:

- Ex: Trumper Shave Cream (readily available at $24 a tub) = $58 at Cable Car

Then again, they could not be related.....but then I would just be an idiot. Maybe I already am? Maybe.......