rockhampton, australia

tweeds

hey guys

i'm being dragged to rockhampton for 3 weeks in late november

i'm with the military service in the music and drama company and we're going over to do some shows and shit.

i've heard the place is really sleepy, but surely some of the aussies can help me out with a better idea of what the city really is like?

any sights i should check out, stores i should hit, roadtrips i should take?

apparently i've quite a bit of spare time because my performances are spread out and not too numerous.

i'm aware the place is near brisbane, where Imperial denim is stocked. :glee:

Hey tweedlesinpink

Have fun with the armour....hahaha

Basically, there nothing in rockhampton that is worth visting....really nothing.....all you can do is visit some strip club and eat some really cheap and nice pizza......

There aren't any major shopping malls....mostly are single floor shopping complex where there are really huge supermarkets.....don't expect dairy stuff like milk to be cheap because they are expensive.....travelling to areas out of this town takes a few hours, go ahead if you have at least 2 free days.....WATCH OUT FOR KABGAROOS....hahaha.....have fun!

I vaguely remember going to Rockhampton as a kid, but not much more, sorry. I don't really think there's much to do there in the way of fun. Perhaps you can cop yourself a bottle of Bundaberg rum and find some fun.