MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys. I was never really a huge fan of the brown MM, but the black definitely caught my eye (and goes better with the bike ;) ). I was a little disappointed at first that the clasps were dropped, but the snaps simplify the jacket a little more. It's an amazing jacket.

Oh, and heprof, you can definitely find something cooler than a Bonnie ;) I always thought they were a bit bland...

Oh, and heprof, you can definitely find something cooler than a Bonnie ;) I always thought they were a bit bland...

Given that you're not showing any love for the brown MM, I'll have to take your Bonnie comment with a grain of salt ;) What kind of helmet is that? I think it might go good with my MM and bike.

mullholland5.jpg

Well, no hard feelings, man :) The brown MM is great, but it just didn't get me excited. Bonnies are good bikes. I just think that some shorter bars and maybe a single seat would toughen it up a little. The helmet is just a Bieffe B12E, pretty standard.

Cheers, eltopo (thanks for the advice!) and ThisSunday.

Zissou that jacket fits you perfectly. Great pics and bike. Must spread

eltopo, how's the waxing coming along?

I got the whole front and sleeves done but had to leave town for work for 3 and a half weeks so I will post photos when I return. I think it looks great so far and can't wait to see it with age. The Brown one is aging incredibly and will have to post photos of that too. I can't wait to return home, I am trapped in Spring break nightmare till then.

Well, no hard feelings, man :) The brown MM is great, but it just didn't get me excited. Bonnies are good bikes. I just think that some shorter bars and maybe a single seat would toughen it up a little.

Toughen it up? I'm sorry Zissou I love you and I don't want to hijack tt but BMW bikes are never tough my stylish internet friend. Maybe some older boxers, but mostly they are for middle-aged guys wearing full red nylon street suits. Let's call you and your fancy retro biker gear the exception ;)

I might be biased but British Iron Triumphs every time. A Bonnie is but a template . . .

I think the black MM wins every time too. Looks good on you, even on a BMW ;)

Toughen it up? I'm sorry Zissou I love you and I don't want to hijack tt but BMW bikes are never tough my stylish internet friend. Maybe some older boxers, but mostly they are for middle-aged guys wearing full red nylon street suits. Let's call you and your fancy retro biker gear the exception ;)

I might be biased but British Iron Triumphs every time. A Bonnie is but a template . . .

I think the black MM wins every time too. Looks good on you, even on a BMW ;)

Me and my 160hp Bonnie won't agree, for sure....but thats not the point. (I would not ride anything else, whatever it is)

My main concern would be Zissou, that that jacket hasnt any protections at all and second it might not be waterproof, i mean totally. As i am an everyday rider, those points are mandatory from my point of view.

OK, OK, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the bikes! :) Thanks for the compliments, bernie and glimmer.

DocBlue- (1) that's why I am looking for light armor to wear under it, and (2) it almost never rains during the 5 warmest months of the year here.

Zissou - kevlar shirt so if you go down in cotton you keep your skin. Optional armor too.

http://www.dragginjeans.com/category.aspx?categoryID=27

DocBlue -- I'd love to see your 160 hp bonnie! Wow Carlos at southbay triumph has his 1087 stroker and about 400 other mods giving him ~114 at the rear wheel, what did you do to yours to get so much?? Please share.

http://www.triumphrat.net/triumphrat-net-bike-of-the-month/117594-new-bike-of-the-month-format-august-2009-a.html

and to stay on topic, I wore my MFSC denim utility shirt today. It is blue.

bernielike : i got the 1300GT full power with some kinda prep but nothin much. she's not very trendy but a real ground to ground missile. my kids live 400 miles from me and i go there every two weeks so i need a crusing beast. i got an HP2 sport too but i only use it when weather is nice wich means not before may.

edit : i think i misunfderstood you as we call here also bmw "bonnies".... i dont have a bonneville as you will have corrected, but a bmw.... undoubtedly less sexy (ill agree).

Zissou : dont misunderstand me : i love that mm, but here in paris it rains 5 months a year, and people drive real close to bikes here, and traffic is insane ..... so i would not be able to wear it (same problem with belstaff i would say..... so i bought the less ugly practical jacket i could find, an atlantis 4 by bmw (again :) ))

I totally understand. I can, and often do, take back roads to work and rarely see a car. Fun rides for me are on quiet winding canyon or country roads.

New Spring/Summer 2010 MF line just showed up at both stores, it's looking tasty.. Breezer jackets in white or black and Mechanic's Shirts in white or black.

New Spring/Summer 2010 MF line just showed up at both stores, it's looking tasty.. Breezer jackets in white or black and Mechanic's Shirts in white or black.

When are those going online?