my supersoft 3-wash denim wearing much nicer than before !

__3xL

Rehash of old thread yes !

Please comment ..

k anyways the jeans are ACE-0-Rama Kaihara made denim - repros of 1954-S - assumedly the repro of Levi's original S -501 -xx but 14.25 oz slubby fuzzy wuzzy jeans .. nice and soft now that I have done the following ¹ ² ³ :

¹ I washed out all the starch and stifness - they were bought as one wash ..

² When washing this 3rd time after a month wear - I did a little running of hand over the

fibers while in tub with ankles crossed / posted in 2 " or so of water :-)

³ I also completely dried out the next morning with the help of ....

A DRYER ON HIGH !!

¦¦¦¦:°°:¦¦¦ I aint scared nuh uh ¦¦¦:°°:¦¦¦¦

k so they shrunk a good after the dry 2 " from 40.5 to like 37.75 .. now they're semi roomy again at 38 " .. Nice comfy I like ... like 201 cut though to me -

Now they're soft as all hell and been wearing them 3 days and fading already ...

sideNote > My buddy told me BUCKethead used to play with parliment funkadelic .. cool ...

Anyways photos - kinda boring but I am impressed they are this soft and creases still set nicely .

191773856.jpg

191773841.jpg

A shot showing how blue they are .. I likey

191773850.jpg

thoughts ?

summary : I now agree with what the Vet members have said about starched denim will not fade as nicely as unstarched .. Also what others have said about don't be afraid to wash - these are gonna make it just fine ..

Now that these are soft the whiskers are lightening quickly and the indigo shifting is becoming apparent ..

I look forward to seeing these come in .. in like 2 years .. ugh .. they are baggy I shall be patient with them .. Maybe 1 wash every 6 months .. maybe

hmm.. this is interesting, kind of makes me want to soak my one wash eternals real quick to get some starch out, but the creases are setting pretty nicely and i havent added starch. Maybe i'll try it with another pair first, would other people reccomend this?