mr. hf

Guest bikesearcher

Guest bikesearcher

What exactly is the deal with mr fujiwara? Granted, he has excellent taste and his brands are well made garments.

But what does he actually do? Does he design? or Does he just consult?

How exactly is he 'god.'

Does he speak english?

not an expert on the matter, but i think he design a lot of the pieces that are associated with him. he also does consulting a bit (heard he did quite a bit of consulting for Nike, as well as other mainstream brand). i'm sure there's other members that know more than me on the subject

He is a musician/DJ and is considered the 'godfather' of Harajuku culture/Japanese streetwear because of his influence. As england said, he is also the creative director of HP.

He also speaks English, fluently I think. A very cultured and knowledgable person who has traveled the world.

Guest Fade to Black
yeah Nigo calls himself Nigo because of HF.

it means 2nd or somethign in Japanese?

im not sure.

yeah roughly translated into something like "Brother Number 2," something along those lines.

What exactly is the deal with mr fujiwara? Granted, he has excellent taste and his brands are well made garments.

But what does he actually do? Does he design? or Does he just consult?

How exactly is he 'god.'

Does he speak english?

do u really think has a good taste or you just say that so you dont offend anyone?

Guest bikesearcher

headporter i guess makes a lot of money. but its just his line of porter bags? burton idiom.

gdeh was started by him?

he has his hands in stussy too?

headporter i guess makes a lot of money. but its just his line of porter bags? burton idiom.

gdeh was started by him?

he has his hands in stussy too?

Yeah, he developped GDEH and he now designs under FRAGMENT.

The creative director of Stussy is Paul Mittleman

Fujiwara was playing in Tiny Panx before he started gdeh, or it might have been around the same time. Check youtube for funny videos (also search for Tokyo sex pistols if you have an interest in the old harajuku legends). I don't think nigo was ever hired as his assistent... more like fujiwara took care of him financially after he quit his job at some magazine.

edit*

Ahem, I walked past him on the street one time. I have never been more star struck in my life.

I have also seen hikaru of Bounty Hunter ride a red mountain bike..

Guest Fade to Black

I wouldn't necessarily say HF has the best taste (or maybe the stuff he pushes just isn't my style), but I won't deny his force as a cultural and style icon, based on what i've seen of him he seems to know his shit and apparently is charismatic enough to influence many people. He gets my respect.

I thought I read somewhere that Nigo was called that because of Jun Takahashi. When Jun first met Nigo, he thought he looked very similar to Hiroshi, so he started calling him Nigo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. A list of brands he's involved with, in terms of designing...

Head Porter (Plus)

GDEH/Resonate

Fragment

Base Control

... feel free to add more.

Ahem, I walked past him on the street one time. I have never been more star struck in my life.

I have also seen hikaru of Bounty Hunter ride a red mountain bike.

When I visited Harajuku, me and my brother were so frustrated that we couldn't find the Bounty Hunter store. We suddenly look a couple feet away and we see Hikaru sitting in front of BH on a water cooler, eating pineapple. It was kinda awkward as we exchanged "hey"s.

• 2 weeks later...