SF bloomingdales

digital_denim

Went and checked out Bloomie's today (Saturday). Yes the mall was an insane clusterfuck. The store was nice but as previously mentioned, a lot of room taken up by tired mainstream AmJack stuff.

One of my favorite items was a satin (I think) take on an MA-1 by Marc Jacobs. Beautiful execution if a little too flash for me.

Also liked some Junya Watanabe, Number (n)ine, Viktor & Rolf and Margiela stuff I saw.

I wanted to eat in the food court; there were several appealing restaurants; but finding a table would have been like finding a parking spot. I decided it can wait a few weeks until the hubbub dies down (and Out the Door opens.)

I didn't buy anything. My biggest temptation was in the Vans store about 10 yards from the entrance to Bloomie's mens on the 4th floor. I may go back and get some Vans.

• 2 months later...

Barney's is opening in the spot where FAO used to be (corner of Geary & Stockton). Walked by last week and saw the Barney's coming soon sign outside of it.

There's also ROLO SOMA on Howard, half a block down from ROLO Garage (corner of 9th & Howard). http://www.rolo.com.

Other SF spots to check out Carl, American Rag on Van Ness Ave., Villains Vault on Haight and for the bargains, Loehman's downtown and Jeremy's South Park.

Guest young7777

If the SF Barney's is opening at the FAO spot, i figure it won't be very big then, compared to SF Bloomingdale. And knowing over 80% space will be occupied by the lady stuffs, i doubt there are much room for men collections....