The Tough Style Book (or things to wear with your jeans)

digital_denim

Those overall's don't look as good as the sammy overalls I picked up last year. The price was high, but I just had to get them... it goes without saying that I don't wear them too much.

That leather bag looks ridiculous though. I needs one of them.

What do your Sammy overalls look like? Hickory stripe?

I am just kidding, but I could imagine the overalls would look sweet! Ohhhhh how they would look. I bet the price on something like that would be insane.... all the hardware and denim. Probably double the price.

I was just looking through a whole bunch of Library of Congress photos last week and noticing how many people were wearing overalls pre-WWII and then after the war they virtually disappeared. I was thinking it was the whole save fabric and metal thing during the war that changed the fashion. Snagged this picture which shows an interesting repair job.

fixedfront.jpg

I'd love to see all the scans you can post DD. A lot of the stuff is bordering on costume but it works well for inspiration. Very interesting.

wow, familyman, that's a great point.

maybe paul t could explain more about the disappearance of the overall.

the styles listed in the tough style book is by no means what is popular in japan right now. american workwear had a hey day a few years ago in japan, but now it is not as big. ironically, now it is catching on in the united states, where the styles originated.

wow, familyman, that's a great point.

maybe paul t could explain more about the disappearance of the overall.

the styles listed in the tough style book is by no means what is popular in japan right now. american workwear had a hey day a few years ago in japan, but now it is not as big. ironically, now it is catching on in the united states, where the styles originated.

Ironically... that has to do with the trendy hypebeastness that is America. Long lost are the days when America led the world in anything other than money.