Shopping in Hong Kong - Advice Needed

jeansmad

Dear Supershoppers,

I will be heading off to Hong Kong for a tad of shopping next month. As I will be aiming for denims and designer runners, pls kindly assist me here:

Which is the BEST D-MOP store? They have quite a number around HK. Which will have the most complete range of Y3s and what are the denim brands that they stock?

Please recommend a multi brand denim store in HK that stock a wide variety of cool jeans.

Looking forward to your expertise advice.

Best Rgds

Jeansmad

Jeansmadicon_smile_cool.gif

Thanks Trinket...I have seen Tsubi in Australia. Not really my cup of tea, Maybe I can be specific...looking for 7 for All Mankind, Rogan, APC, Cimmaron etc.

Where can I get a good collection of Adidas Original runners....esp the 35th Anniversary Superstar collection?

Thanks in advance.

Jeansmadicon_smile_cool.gif

Look for Rogan in the big IT store in Causeway... also in Shine store. Other IT stores also have Rogan.

Look for APC at the APC shop in Causeway.

Look for Adidas 35ths in D-MOP in Causeway... actually, their sister store in Causeway D-01... I saw the whole first series on display there, but missed out on the lucky draw to get the Neigborhoods.

Not sure about 7 or Cimmaron. There's some threads in the MAPS section on HK.

_trinket

^ yes, thats correct.

most stores there all carry the same stock (old & new GRs), you do come across the odd rare release but they know what to charge for stuff like that.

still its a fun place to spend a few hours. HK is a really cool city, going there myself in a couple of weeks...

the d-mop store in casueway when i was there 3 weeks ago had the latest y-3 carribean collection, the dont have oki-ni but rather they let you view the products and you can order online on a computer there

the sister store is J-01 which sometimes have a better range of sneakers or different i should say, your chance of getting the rare superstar series is slim to none, i think they roughly get about 10 pairs (size range) of the super rare ones and alot of the times they have already been reserved by VIP members.

shoe street is alright if your into sneakers that aren't that rare although some stores do have rare sneakers at very inflated prices but you can still find goodies there

you will be able to find more sneakers in the small boutique stores of which there are literally hundreds in the small arcade/malls of tsim tsa shui, mong kok, causeway finding them is the key

Shoe street is pure insanity.

All the individual stores are street level, and I believe that it's just a huge warehouse upstairs. When I was there a year ago, my friend wanted to buy a pair of Puma mostros. The clerk hustles upstairs, disappears for 10 minutes, then comes back with shoes. One problem: the shoes are different sizes.

The store is packed like Martha Stewart's candy stash. Anyway, back upstairs, back down with the proper shoe, and that's it. about $40US for the shoes, which seems like a deal to me.

SHop around - they all have the same stock, but at different prices.

No rare shit there either. For that you have to go into these sketchy buildings full of tiny bootleg DVD and software shops, and there might be a few joints selliing dunks and $100 Supreme Ts. Buy the software, not the softgoods.

• 8 months later...

"For shoes, you can always try "Shoe Street" in Mong Kok, or Reach and Concept Shop on the Kowloon side. On the HK side there's some places in Causeway Bay (Juice, 852, etc). Check the Supermap section. I'm jealous, wish I were going shopping in HK.

Can anyone tell me where 'Reach' is located?