how is The Hundreds and Bape selvedge?

Sion

I have a pair of Bape jeans bought from Tokyo a little while ago before I really got in to the denim craze. The quality of the denim is not as good as some of the warehouse, sugarcane, 45rpm, samurai etc. However Bape commission their own cloth and the selvedge reads: "Ape shall never kill ape". They are also very exclusive especially the washed ones. Their washes are also very good, quite natural. The cutting can be so-so. Neighborhood does a better cut especially the narrow straight. In Japan their prices are comparable to other quality washed denim. I think in other countries they are priced with a huge premium.

the whole deal is, what the heck do they know about denim or jeans making in general, they both have very successful brands and jeans are something people wear quite a bit so it makes sense to make jeans for their customers. It's not their core business. Anyone is buying the jeans not because it's the most spectacular denim available but because of the brand.

personally i'm not into that, but to each his own