Washing expensive 'Washed' Jeans

NERD

Hi all,

I got a 1 expansive pair of Neighborhood 2005 'washed' jeans and wanted to know the best way to wash them without causing significant or any discolouration. I know there is the superdenim encyclopedia thread, but i want to know specifically whats the best way to wash these to my situation.

Im only washing these jeans to get rid it minor dirt (small food stains etc.) that its collected over its time. I want to keep its colour as much as i can, and do not want any shrinkage if possible.

Hand wash, cold water, washing powder?

Thanks in advance!

if regular washing ruins them then theres something seriously wrong with the jeans. washed jeans can be washed in a washing machine normally, just wash them in cold or warm, inside out, low drying cycle and hang to dry.

wearing them inside out in the shower seems pretty stupid, if theres any dirt or stains (as you said) it will be on the inside and probably won't come off.

I understand theres all kinds of tips and tricks for raw denim, I've stood in the shower with mine too, but washed jeans are not the same. I have a couple of pairs of somewhat expensive jeans and I've washed the others atleast 5 times and others around 10 times with no noticeable effect.

if youre really that unsure then just drop them at the cleaners..

hey mike lowrey, i havent washed them but bought them from a friend who slightly wore them. Im not sure if they have been washed before, and since i got it off him, i havent washed it. I just dont want to wash it and loose colour on them.

Just asking for advise on the best way to wash them and not loose any colour.

Dry Clean?

well as I mentioned, from my experience washed jeans dont really loose much color. might depend on how they're made etc but I cant imagine one wash doing that much to them. so I'd just throw them in the washer, but if you want to be extremely careful hand wash them in cold water or take them to the cleaners.

apu: if you dont want then to shrink just throw them over your shower curtain, lay flat or whatever you want. if shrinkage is ok, you can tumble dry them.

Just toss them in the damn washer, inside out, cold wash, cold rinse, toss in the same kinds of colrs in with it, and use something like woolite dark if you are paranoid about color loss (which it sounds like you are). Then, leave them inside out in the dryer, on medium heat.

edited to say this is how I treat all of my washed premium denim crap, and it stays fine, no difference in color, nothing, it keeps it looking nice.

they are prob OE if they are not raw denim, if they are OE they won't loose much color if you throw them in a washing machine on the cold water cycle with dark woolite soap and hang dry them afterwards,

i own lots of designer jeans as well as raw, but i wash all my designer jeans like this

Lowery,

Stupid? thanks buddy.

It's more than safe to assume NERD would know to shower them without turning them out if the stains were extreme.

It doesn't seem half as ridiculous as suggesting a "regular machine wash" when he obviously wants to wash them carefully.

Don't bother to flame me back, please just watch your attitude in the future or should i say superfuture.

-------------------------------------------

& NERD. it's been tossed around here that indigo is not very water-soluble. That means if you cold soak them, just scrub where needed and don't agitate them much (stirring, excessive scrubbing ect) not much indigo will be lost.

Lowery,

Stupid? thanks buddy.

It's more than safe to assume NERD would know to shower them without turning them out if the stains were extreme.

It doesn't seem half as ridiculous as suggesting a "regular machine wash" when he obviously wants to wash them carefully.

Don't bother to flame me back, please just watch your attitude in the future or should i say superfuture.

Its tards like you that we do not need on forums. HOnestly, when you begin to flame somebody, you ask three questions, 1. Did they personally attack you? 2.Did they PERSONALLY ATTACK YOU. 3. DID THEY PERSONALLY ATTACk YOU? In this case is the answer is NO! And btw. I don't think that its safe to assume that Nerd would know how to shower them without turning them inside out if the stains are extreme because of the lack of resolve he has. The dude has to ask a forum how to wash jeans.

So, NERD, read the care lable!

o bubbly.

I got no problems with Lowery. He's a legit member and dresses well.

He said my advice was "stupid," so yes i felt attacked.

Obviously you didn't read the top of the thread.

& you know what SF needs? you joined less than 4 weeks ago.

Lastly, insulting this thread topic is uncalled for, alternative washing methods is a perfectly legit topic.

So far i've given NERD 2 alternative methods and you've given nothing.

^^Sorry Minya

"I miss the old Superfuture."

Remember the guy that said he wouldn’t wear his jeans in the rain because he didn’t want to ruin them? I always thought that was the stupidest post I ever read on either SF. Then some guy asks if it’s “ok†to sleep while wearing jeans, I had to reconsider. I’d rank them 1 and 1A.

My grandfather had many pairs of jeans that were washed in an old ringer washer, at least once a month. Probably more than that, my grandmother did laundry every week. Those old jeans look great. Worn washed, worn washed.

Just think how stressed your life would be if you had something important to worry about.