Cali Style goes nuts...[no pics]

CaliStyle

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you have no idea how hard I've been looking for that kind of thing! Do they have one that's a skull in a knife biting bleeding roses?

NO. that is soooooooooo last year. now its all about like, minimalism and shit. so instead of a knife between the mouth of a skull, ON TOP OF a bouquet of bleeding roses, printed across the ass of your jeans, its just A KNIFE. or A SKULL. and instead of the paint splattered across your knees, there are oil stains, which are not as VISIBLE.

GOD. you are on a fashion forum. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.

NO. that is soooooooooo last year. now its all about like, minimalism and shit. so instead of a knife between the mouth of a skull, ON TOP OF a bouquet of bleeding roses, printed across the ass of your jeans, its just A KNIFE. or A SKULL. and instead of the paint splattered across your knees, there are oil stains, which are not as VISIBLE.

GOD. you are on a fashion forum. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.

Funny how this is almost completely true.

Pretty funny, because there was an article in last friday's Wall Street Journal on Metropark. It was a profile on brands like Abercrombie, AE, AERO, etc... who are trying to capture the market of teens who are out of college by opening more "mature" stores.

Then they had an interview with some 17 year old girl testifying on how cool she thought Metropark was. Wtf does a store need a DJ for? This looks toolish as hell.

Pretty funny, because there was an article in last friday's Wall Street Journal on Metropark. It was a profile on brands like Abercrombie, AE, AERO, etc... who are trying to capture the market of teens who are out of college by opening more "mature" stores.

Then they had an interview with some 17 year old girl testifying on how cool she thought Metropark was. Wtf does a store need a DJ for? This looks toolish as hell.

Yep. Read that article. They did a huge retail profile. Basically middle level bracket (Gap/Old Navy) is getting screwed. Consumers are stepping up their buying habits. It's either low cost (Forever 21) or accessible luxury (Coach) and high luxury (LV, Gucci, blah blah). So the middle market is seeing huge losses. I think NYT did an article on how premium/design lines are now targeting the pre-teen (tween?) market now, since its losing growth/slump in sales with adults. I can't imagine what mother would find it necessary to buy their daughter 150+ designer jeans, etc., at the age of 9...

Anyways, Metro Park is good for those who want safe, accessible trendy fashion. Its like Urban Outfitters, just more "LA" I suppose.

I like going in Metro Park all high and mighty with my 2 year APC FADEZZZ and shit. People all start go gasp then I tell them to call me if they want fashion pointers. I throw my business card on the floor then start to shit chunks all over their clothes.

"Your clothes are shit!" I said.

I stormed off into the night...

I like going in Metro Park all high and mighty with my 2 year APC FADEZZZ and shit. People all start go gasp then I tell them to call me if they want fashion pointers. I throw my business card on the floor then start to shit chunks all over their clothes.

Can I have your card?

metro park is whack dude. unless you dig looking METRO then thats the store for you. they carry some good labels but the truth of the matter is that it takes away from individuality. they assort their products to create clones. then again thats how you make money. but if thats your thing then by all means go for it. you know the whole dyed blotches on felt print t-shirts that meat heads try to squeeze into. at least thats how the male employees look like at the metro park where i live. disgusting. not to mention the whole dye your hair different colors to attract attention to yourself for the ladies. disgusting.

i dont think ive ever read a greater piece of literature than this post.

thats crazy that so many people on here are dissing metro park when they carry the very brands that yall love when its promoted thru a blog or independent site.

i didnt say Metro Park was the coolest store ever , i siad it was the only cool store in the mall.

canyou name another store in a typical mall thats better? i think not :cool:

metro park is whack dude. unless you dig looking METRO then thats the store for you. they carry some good labels but the truth of the matter is that it takes away from individuality. they assort their products to create clones. then again thats how you make money. but if thats your thing then by all means go for it. you know the whole dyed blotches on felt print t-shirts that meat heads try to squeeze into. at least thats how the male employees look like at the metro park where i live. disgusting. not to mention the whole dye your hair different colors to attract attention to yourself for the ladies. disgusting.

do you grow your own cotton and sew your own clothes bcause thats pretty much the formula for ALL retailers. to create a prepackaged look to cater to a specific demographic.

how does it take away individuality if say i get a hoodie from there n mix n match it with my own pieces.

thats crazy that so many people on here are dissing metro park when they carry the very brands that yall love when its promoted thru a blog or independent site.

i didnt say Metro Park was the coolest store ever , i siad it was the only cool store in the mall.

canyou name another store in a typical mall thats better? i think not :cool:

metropark has 555soul, and we ALL love that brand so much. certainly, we don't all (yall?) love g-star. and i highly doubt you'd find many superfuture members with paint splattered shirts, 'less we actually paint. but yes, i can name a store far better: target. sales-crazy!

metropark has 555soul, and we ALL love that brand so much. certainly, we don't all (yall?) love g-star. and i highly doubt you'd find many superfuture members with paint splattered shirts, 'less we actually paint. but yes, i can name a store far better: target. sales-crazy!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight