Best Fading Jean

Konfucius

I would be interested to know what people's experience are of jeans brands that fade incredibly quickly (contrasted).

I sort of mean excluding people who wear them in manual jobs (just cos that obviously accelerates the wear so much more than non-manual jobs)

I'm surprised Nudie or one of the new 'premium' brands havent developed something that mega-fades within a month

i'd rather to have my jeans to fade slowly as i wear them out (well, not thatttt sloooww), speaking of which i am yet to receive my very first pair of raw denim

If you have not started yet with raw jeans, trust me, you will change your mind after a month of wear, and will be desperate for them to look like the SF pics you see all the time.

i still 'think' that wearing these jeans for a few months and getting the end result is more sastifying than wearing some mega-fading jeans which gets u there in a months time

i mean otherwise i'd keep buying jeans at the end if they are all mega-fading

but then thats me ~__ ~

and yes, i hate waiting on parcels to arrive everytime i buy something from the bay or any where else, but then, i guess thats part of the 'fun' of online shoppping these days

yeah i never understood why people want their jeans to fade quickly. if i spend good money on denim i want them to last and i like enjoying that raw color for as long as possible.

but as far as best fades go i see consistantly great fades from imperials, julian red californias, nudie regular ralf selvedge, and apc. and also anything japanese.

of course some of the sickest fades ive seen have been on vintage jeans like levis.

i think nice color and denim to start out with isa plus but good fades have more to do with how you wash and wear your jeans than brand imo.

I would be interested to know what people's experience are of jeans brands that fade incredibly quickly (contrasted).

I sort of mean excluding people who wear them in manual jobs (just cos that obviously accelerates the wear so much more than non-manual jobs)

I'm surprised Nudie or one of the new 'premium' brands havent developed something that mega-fades within a month

nudies seem built for quick/easy fades. reminds me of carbon paper the way it seems to hige from even incidental contact. instant gratification, though it makes me feel cheap. i keep loving/hating these jeans. i'm about to remove the pleather patch because it just inspires such ire. puh!

wearing them now, though, and the silhouette of ralfs just kills! w/ black wallabees and black t-shirt----------metalocalypse!

i think these 45 canes ... the fades are gonna be... well... fucking sick.

3 weeks in(i think... i should have done the "write dates on the pocket like a real obsessive" thing) and hige, honeycombs, holycows, chevrons, all fading beautifuly. i mean actually fading, not just creased.

i think they are about to get a machine wash... one or two more weeks. had one hand wash already, but i spent the weekend skating on a tropical island(well... not quite tropical, as i was in florida, but low 90's and high 90s humidity. my jeans cried blue tears)

yeah i never understood why people want their jeans to fade quickly. if i spend good money on denim i want them to last and i like enjoying that raw color for as long as possible.

but as far as best fades go i consistantly great fades from imperials, julian red californias, nudie regular ralf selvedge, and apc. and also anything japanese.

of course some of the sickest fades ive seen have been on vintage jeans like levis.

i think nice color and denim to start out with isa plus but good fades have more to do with how you wash and wear your jeans than brand imo.

i'd second on that, wear ur jeans more to get a better 'result'

plus i'd like to get my moneys worth too, lol

3 weeks in(i think... i should have done the "write dates on the pocket like a real obsessive" thing) and hige, honeycombs, holycows, chevrons, all fading beautifuly. i mean actually fading, not just creased.

i think they are about to get a machine wash... one or two more weeks. had one hand wash already, but i spent the weekend skating on a tropical island(well... not quite tropical, as i was in florida, but low 90's and high 90s humidity. my jeans cried blue tears)

i hope mine turn out well also. i havent noticed too much going on with my pair though its a different story with my apc.

id like to see how real vintage levis would come out if worn superfuture style. ive seen some amazing fades, and you could tell they had been washed alot.

A lot of vintage levis from the 40s to 60s were worn superfuture style. It was the norm amongst many circles to wear your blue jeans as blue as possible. My mom said she would wear hers for a year before the first wash. My buddies dad said that him and his boys would wear their levis for as long as possible before the first wash to keep the jeans as black/blue as possible. Oh yeah and they all sat in a tub to shrink them.

"Consistently"??? How many of each have you done to get a good enough estimate to say that? Not disagreeing, just curious.

consistantly (adv.) the action of holding to the same principles or practice

so basically if i saw two pairs of imperials and they both had awesome fades they would be consistant

anyway every pair of calis and imperials (quite a few) ive seen has had a exemplary fade and i think we have all seen more than enough apc and rrds examples.

search around on here and elsewhere. they are not mythical beasts.

my RRDS have faded to an amazingly beautiful blue

ive never seen any faded pics of JR california. does anyone have any?

here you go

calikk5.jpg

and here

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12159&highlight=calis there are more on page 4 as well

and here...scroll down

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?p=70171&highlight=californias#post70171

and here...

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10057&highlight=californias

Guest Fade to Black

heh I feel the same way about my sorahikos...after 2 months of on and off (but pretty hard) wear, a lot of faded indigo streaks inside the jeans even though nothing's really noticeable on the outside yet. I just have a feeling these are gonna end up lookin like the shit...always gotta keep that perspective whenever I want to wash my jeans, I just look at partytaco or tony_hige's 'hikos and then i don't think about washing any more.