suit up!

chris_n

i was also looking at paul smith. it seems that the suits are on sale at bloomingdales. are there any other department stores that carry paul smith?

Bloomingdales? in LA at the Beverly Center....they've never carried PS that I've seen. Sure you dont mean Neiman Marcus or Barneys on Wilshire? They carry a full range of PS. As does Fred Segal in Santa Monica and American Rag on Beverly Blvd. Why not just go to the PS store on Melrose? The pink palace of goodness has everything you'd ever want (but yer a little late for sale prices as all suits were 50% off until Aug 1)

Bloomingdales? in LA at the Beverly Center....they've never carried PS that I've seen. Sure you dont mean Neiman Marcus or Barneys on Wilshire? They carry a full range of PS. As does Fred Segal in Santa Monica and American Rag on Beverly Blvd. Why not just go to the PS store on Melrose? The pink palace of goodness has everything you'd ever want (but yer a little late for sale prices as all suits were 50% off until Aug 1)

damnit!!! too late.... my life story. i'll check on it though.

bloomingdales, i was checking that online.

i wasn't able to go out much this summer due to my research internship but now that it's over i can finally get out.

bummer that i missed the sale.

IMO the only place to buy a Paul Smith suit is his sales shop on Avery Row in London. A constant turnover at stupid prices. Really stupid prices. There's no website but give them a call +44 (0) 20 7493 1287.

thanks for the tip, i'll keep that in mind when i'm in london.

IMO the only place to buy a Paul Smith suit is his sales shop on Avery Row in London. A constant turnover at stupid prices. Really stupid prices. There's no website but give them a call +44 (0) 20 7493 1287.

Is this the shop near Bond St.? I wasn't impressed by the prices in that store really. I remember suits being 350GBP'ish, etc. I guess that would be pretty cheap for English buyers, but I've always found deals on suits elsewhere.

This is not in anyone else's neck of the woods but my own, but the duty free shops in Seoul cater to Japanese tourists, and I've bought two PS 'Luxury' suits there in the past as end of season sales, one for $275, and one for $350ish. PS mainline shirts for $20-$50. I think those days are over, as this has a been a couple years ago now, but I guess if anyone were to come around, the DFS's still do a lot of sales with sub-$500 suits like that at the end of the seasons.

Chris_n: a week is a bit hasty to find something like that, but I guess if worse comes to worse you could get something like the APC tight blazer and matching pants, and while they aren't all that elegant or fancy, they aren't too expensive either and you can still wear them as separates after your wedding and you'd probably get your money's worth out of them. Lower than that, you could even look at Zara.

i must agree with you guys a week is quite hasty. i'm planning on just throwing something together with what i have here which will be fine.

but i'm still in the look for a suit so keep em coming! my price range is not cheap nor limitless, i just don't feel the need to be extravagant.