you guys that own Paul Smith dress shirts

cord

maybe you can help me out .. i just bought a paul smith off of ebay :

http://www.qjcreative.com/ebay/paulsmith/2.jpg

but i just got it in the mail -- and i think its a fake.

the cotton quality is mad offf, i was expecting exceptional cotton qualiy, but this is horrible.. dont reallly know how to explain it

- each botton does say paul smith / london on it though --

-however, the collar stands ( the slip of plastic inserted into the collars ) ( is it called collar stand? ) is completely blank pplastic... no paul smith on it ..

i would think atleast something would be on these things if it were an authentic shirt.

u guys that own the shirts -- is the cotton great or medocire (mine) and do the collarstands have any logo on them, or is it just blank plastic?

any help would be great... maybe u guys can recognize the shirt itself as part of a season catalog.

I have 10+ PS shirts ranging from mainline to London to PS to jeans....

Yours is a "london" line which uses decent cotton, it's nothing like mainline cotton which is phenomenal. I don't know what you were expecting the cotton to feel like but London shirts feel no different than any other run of mill dress shirt.

There are quite a few sellers of PS shirts on ebay who are questionable, and most likely fake. These shirts generally sell for $25-40. I believe real PS shirts have blank collar bones so that's not an indicator.

The shirt isnt familiar to me, but it does appear reasonably correct as something that could have been made. It's more than likely a print like yours might actually be a real shirt vs. plain white or stripes which have many fakes

I have 10+ PS shirts ranging from mainline to London to PS to jeans....

Yours is a "london" line which uses decent cotton, it's nothing like mainline cotton which is phenomenal. I don't know what you were expecting the cotton to feel like but London shirts feel no different than any other run of mill dress shirt.

There are quite a few sellers of PS shirts on ebay who are questionable, and most likely fake. These shirts generally sell for $25-40. I believe real PS shirts have blank collar bones so that's not an indicator.

The shirt isnt familiar to me, but it does appear reasonably correct as something that could have been made. It's more than likely a print like yours might actually be a real shirt vs. plain white or stripes which have many fakes

yeha thats what i was thinking man -- with the print -- thought it was legit.

i guess it just felt shady cuz even some of the banana republic shirts i own "feel" better.. " feel" more genuwine -- atleast the texture.

the shirt costed be around 45 bucks. it was also shipping from china.

maybe i should talk to the seller about the authencity?

yeha thats what i was thinking man -- with the print -- thought it was legit.

i guess it just felt shady cuz even some of the banana republic shirts i own "feel" better.. " feel" more genuwine -- atleast the texture.

maybe i should talk to the seller about the authencity?

I sort of doubt that's going to work. Sort of, that is.

ugh...sorry but if that's the case, it's probably 99% fake. I avoid any auctions for "name brand" clothing coming from China, SE Asia. But if the shirt fits well enough then at least you have a good fitting shirt without having spent too much $

• 2 weeks later...

If you look in your picture, and take a look at the part of the shirt on the left of yours, that shirt has "Paul Smith" embroidered on the breast pocket - feature of a typical Asian fake. PS collar stays are usually blank plastic, but the fabric quality should be there on the real thing, PS stuff feels great to the touch usually.