Agrophobia , help ?(LONG READ)

Blank TV

Growing up i had social anxiety and i never stepped out of my comfort zone to try and fix it .

For an instance ,in my school we would have programs in the auditorium where they would call on random people in a crowd full of huge classes . I would try to hide in the back in fear of getting called on .

In my elementary/middle school days i was put in a catholic school to be kept away from low class kids , everyone there was quiet and "nerdy" . The tuition got too expensive so my parents had no choice but to put me in a public school .

It was so different , everyone was loud and aggressive and i wasn't used to it The fights , noise , huge crowds it was crazy .

After my freshmen year i decided to get homeschooled and i loved it . Eating whenever i want , cheating , playing games but after i finished everything it felt as if my soul died .

I stayed in the house over three years and i haven't smelled fresh air in a LONG TIME .

I haven't associated with another human being other than my family members in a LONG TIME.

So here i am still bored at home waiting to leave to Los Angeles for college in the summer .(i currently live in brooklyn ny) . I'm not sure how this is going to go since i have trouble talking to other people .And i also really need to get laid again instead of staying home beating off , lol .

Any tips on getting back outside ? I get really nervous when around huge crowds and i need to break out of this before i start college .

Thanks .

Edited by Blank TV

just wondering why there's a space before and after every punctuation mark , thanks

ahahaha messed up, this du is in need of social communications help.... but no seriously home schooled du why are there spaces before and after?

ok anyways i think i used to be like you as well but to a lesser degree by far. I was nerdy and no one liked me but i needed money and worked a retail job that was SALES, they made you basically sell shazz, talk to ppl get in their heads to sell/make money. I worked a bunch of odd jobs that had to deal with ppl all day long. Computer Help Desk, Sales Cashier, Television Sales, Clothing Retail Store. I mean all those had me talk to different ppl all day long on if they needed help or was looking for something for someone and i would help them figure it out and chat it up along the way to get into what they need.

In all honesty that Retail experience was a drag doin it but going back i believe it taught me more about bein conversational more than anything. Not to mention having to talk to co-workers to pass the time in the dead hours of the store make some friends that way. Plus side I got discounts and found reasons to chat with good lookin gurlsss "may i help you (as I walk closer)"

In all honesty that Retail experience was a drag doin it but going back i believe it taught me more about bein conversational more than anything. Not to mention having to talk to co-workers to pass the time in the dead hours of the store make some friends that way. Plus side I got discounts and found reasons to chat with good lookin gurlsss "may i help you (as I walk closer)"

This is good. I'm currently in this same boat. Before retail, i "randomly" turned introverted and burned bridges with everyone. Eventually, i deactivated my fb account and went ghost. Now that regained some experience talking to people (and getting paid again--i'm not gonna act like this wasn't the motivator,lol), i've gotten a little talkative with my co-workers and eventually everyone else.

Unfortunately, i can't say much about talking to hot girls on the job; i talk to CWGs and KAGs anywhere from a scale of 4-7; muffin tops, ugg boots and all. :^(

It is definitely a start on the social path to recovery, tho

Find the person or person(s) with whom you are most comfortable, go out into the woods with them in the early afternoon, and all of you take some MDMA. I suspect a couple of such episodes will solve your problems permanently.

Edited by blm14

so youre not even in college yet? stop worrying. unless youre the only freshman who can legally purchase alcohol, everyone else will be just as nervous to "make friends" as you are.

all my interest are so narrow and strayed from the mainstream (b/c of the internet), i cant speak or get along with normal people..

fuck

Yeah, it's the same with me .

Ever since my mom bought me a new computer I've been addicted to trolling random internet forums and believing what everyone behind a computer screen says .

Before i started getting on the internet i was fine, i didn't have a problem with associating with humans .

My problem is that I'm afraid of what people think of me now after seeing how negative and ruthless people are on the internet .

I never knew so much people hid their hate .

Bottom line, I'm afraid of being around humans now that I've learned how evil people can be behind closed doors thanks to the internet .

Ever since i started browsing 4ch@n and the misc section of the bodybuilding forums my mind has been corrupted .

I just want to live happy again .

Bottom line, I'm afraid of being around humans now that I've learned how evil people can be behind closed doors thanks to the internet .

Ever since i started browsing 4ch@n and the misc section of the bodybuilding forums my mind has been corrupted .

I just want to live happy again .

tumblr_m949dzpngU1qc45nxo1_400.png

just stop fapping and stop going on the internet. cut it off completely. its going to be ok.

Although some of the pre conceptions you have of the outside world hold a certain degree of truth (depending on the situation), when you go outside and start doing what you want instead of over thinking what could go wrong as a result of it, none of those things will matter nearly as much to you.

Abandon the anxiety you're harboring and forget about the fear of repercussion for letting your guard down momentarily. Focus on what you want to do with your life in order to be happy.

That's the best advice I can give you

the guy has crippling social anxiety, how would mdma help in the long run?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100719082927.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090108121656.htm

http://jop.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/08/29/0269881112456611.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23172889

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19273493

Shall I go on? There is ample material in the literature about MDMA's possibility to alleviate various anxiety and depression related disorders on the basis of a relatively small (say under a half dozen) number of treatments.

Shall I go on? There is ample material in the literature about MDMA's possibility to alleviate various anxiety and depression related disorders on the basis of a relatively small (say under a half dozen) number of treatments.

my experience tells me youre not completely incorrect. but fact remains that mdma is certainly not the best solution to his problem. like most drugs, illicit or not, it is only a temporary fix. and in the case of molly, i'd say it's too much dependent on the environment to be of any real benefit.

the articles you link talk about ptsd not social anxiety. assuming that the use of mdma does extend to other kinds of anxiety/depression, the mdma is taken in tandem with other forms of psychotherapy. telling the dude to pop pills in the forest with his friends is not the same thing at all

Now that i think about it, i haven't done anything fun in my life .

I've never been to the beach, parties,concerts, restaurants like red lobster and olive garden .

I need a social circle .

don't worry, olive garden sucks except for the italian sodas (which you can just make yourself).

maybe try starting small, like going out for groceries or checking out a book from the library and shit like that (you'll naturally be forced to engage in brief exchanges with randoms). you can even go during non-busy hours at first to avoid large crowds.

the articles you link talk about ptsd not social anxiety. assuming that the use of mdma does extend to other kinds of anxiety/depression, the mdma is taken in tandem with other forms of psychotherapy. telling the dude to pop pills in the forest with his friends is not the same thing at all

From my own experience and the experience of others I am reasonably convinced that he could get at least some of the benefits just from being with friends, rather than a psychiatrist.

PTSD is considered an anxiety disorder, and MDMA trials are being done on other types of anxiety disorders other than PTSD

http://jop.sagepub.com/content/early/2009/03/09/0269881109102787.abstract

Try to make one good friend, then try to hangout with them as often as you can, you'll meet their friends, etc.

Also the retail thing is good.

Also what do you look like? Do you think you're attractive? Kinda serious question lol

I don't think I'm attractive but a couple of girls thought i was .

I've been approached by three girls so far and told that i was handsome, i had the opportunity to get to know them but i was such a pussy that i couldn't continue on talking to them.The second one that approached me worked in gamestop and had a nice round ass, i still regret not getting to know her .

just get out there and start going to super secret concerts that can only be found online. become apart of some elitist circle and it'll feel like you never left the computer.

but seriously just relax and be you, friends will roll in. just make sure the first thing you ask them isn't where they like better l.a or the bay. i knew a dude in high school that would always ask what their favorite color was red or blue and that shit used to drive everyone mad. he wound up roundhouse kicking a guy in the throat though.

Yeah, it's the same with me .

Ever since my mom bought me a new computer I've been addicted to trolling random internet forums and believing what everyone behind a computer screen says .

Before i started getting on the internet i was fine, i didn't have a problem with associating with humans .

My problem is that I'm afraid of what people think of me now after seeing how negative and ruthless people are on the internet .

I never knew so much people hid their hate .

From my experience, people tend to exaggerate their hate of all things on the Internet. Either that or the hate stems from a very small sect of people that hates everyone (e.g. superfuture) Don't let it stop you from interacting with people in real life.