Take5 hk interview

sammyshima

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our address"SHOPB&C,1F,HING MING BUILDING,41A GRANVILLE RD,TST,KLN,HK

I'm not familiar with HK all that well since I just moved but perhaps for tourists and people visiting its convenient to give out the MTR exit (if applicable)

take the mtr to tsim sha tsui. exit B i think. go up carnavon road and make a right on granville.

all y'all can thank me for bringin take5 to superfuture. :D

Becks, Landy did help out in that respect

will you be in HK for the medium/long term? you could set up shop selling local designers over ebay and on the forum. ;)

chain stitch is original hem?

Not like when you have a pair if distressed jeans and they "re-attach" the hem, but it is just like the original hem, as the same stitch is used. Not many NA places have the machines to do this. But I personally have yet to be able to notice teh difference outside of 6 inches.

• 2 weeks later...
our address"SHOPB&C,1F,HING MING BUILDING,41A GRANVILLE RD,TST,KLN,HK

Hi Sammy,

My sister has arrived in HK today and I gave her your address, she told me she'd drop by if she had the time...

I've asked her a Red Moon HR-01A(sdSD) wallet and told her to look for you once in Take 5, I also told her to mention she came for me from superfuture...;)

So don't be surprized if a non Asian girl asks for you...

And say hello from me to her:D

Thanks and cheers

Dave

HI Sammy,

Did my sister drop by last week for the RM HR 01

Thank you

i sell 1 this wallet to a gal...last week

but i really dun know she is your sister or not man.

but i did said hi to her.

or maybe she notyet come...i will said hi to her.

takecare,sammy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i don't really think so...you could email them and ask? i emailed info once about their sale period and got a reply fairly quickly.

Interesting you should mention sale period.

Out of all the time I have regularly browsed Rakuten and other japanese sites, I sort of came to the belief that there really is no "sale tradition" like there is in the UK, Europe and America.

E.g. here, if something hasnt sold after the end of Summer, and / or then Christmas, they get dramatically reduced. Doesn't matter what the original prices were, it tends to apply equally to 'Gucci' as to budget brands.

I notice on all these Japanese sites they NEVER reduce anything, but just hold on to the bitter end, which is a bit annoying from a non-Japan living person's perspective IMHO, who typically look forward to holding out for Summer / Chrimbo bargains.

:)

A lot of major brands would rather give all unsold merchandise to workers (or destroy it) than dump it in the market for low prices. Guess it hurts the brand cachet.

That said, stores were having sales when I was in Japan last summer, so I dunno. Maybe because denim isn't really seasonal, they have the same stuff every season so it doesn't make sense to put it on sale when you just end up having to order more (I never understood why they do this in the states either).

it doesn't make sense to put it on sale when you just end up having to order more (I never understood why they do this in the states either).

Publicly-traded companies have to make their quarterly/annual numbers in order to keep the shareholders happy. Slashing prices in order to increase sales is typically the easiest way of boosting revenue in a short period of time.

Sorry for post-jacking.