Coach/Gucci purse - Sweat pants

JesseJB

Oh god, or the gals in one of my classes discussing how to tell a real from fake lv.... dear lord, the gal had a great big fake on, and they were telling her how it looked real (the seam is here and such) dear lord I wanted to choke them, it was PLEATHER.... idiots.but yet, they were incredibly snooty.

Oh god, or the gals in one of my classes discussing how to tell a real from fake lv.... dear lord, the gal had a great big fake on, and they were telling her how it looked real (the seam is here and such) dear lord I wanted to choke them, it was PLEATHER.... idiots.but yet, they were incredibly snooty.

You seem pretty well-versed in this area.. Are fake bags always pleather?? I swear some of it feels like straight up plastic! And does anyone know if its illegal to sell fakes on the street? It seems so wrong... Do companies have to file suit against every fake selling/manufacturing individual on their own or something?

It is illeagal to reproduce trademarked merchandise, but the companies do have to file the suits, they aren't going to bother with small operations, they would rather get the big dealers of it. However, most of it is made in China, and the laws there are lax, and the government will not enforce them.

Some of the fake LV bags are very high quality, made of real leather, the straps and such even patina just like the real ones. I have seen and felt these and they are wonderful bags, the details are perfect, just have fake serial numbers and so forth and if you send it to LV for repairs and they find out they'll keep it (and that's legal for them to do so), but they are fake and a lot of the money from these business goes to nefarious purposes: drugs, terrorist orginizations, etc, so I would not suport it (also why I don't buy or sell drugs, a lot of the money goes towards bad things).

This even extends in to shoes, clothing, etc. There are lots of boards that will help you authenticate your purses and clothing www.authenticforum.com, www.purseforum.com, and I'm sure there are a few people here who are even very knowledgeable on bags and such.

haha, not all the money goes there, there are people who would argue that the people working in the shops making it are now supporting their families and such and that it is an industry that puts money into depressed economies in other nations. but if you take the time to think it out, most criminal things are interconnected. (i.e. a lot of the drug problem in america generates violence over debts, and robberies, and such of people trying to pay for their needs). But this is just my misguided opinion on the matter.

I was just snooping around authenticforum.com and boy, it sure is different than Superfuture. I saw all the forums for Sevens, TR, etc and assumed they were to make fun of those brands...but they werent. People still like that stuff. Its funny as hell that theres a thread about raw denim though and people are like ''WTF?? you dont wash your jeans????''

Side note > the original LV bags the brown monogram isn't leather anyways - it is a coated canvas so it would appear pleather or what not even if it was the real deal ..

Another side note > I saw a lady selling fake lv coin purses and mini hand bags and I stopped to see cause I had nothing better to do and the quality and feel of the actual material ( brown LV Mono ) was actually excellent right on par with the real stuff - very soft n buttery but obviously not leather or the likes . The tan leather however was the give away fake tan with the burgandy edges and not real tanned and beaten LV leather ..

Made me wonder are the people making the fake stuff the same people that LV commisioned to make their material aka materialles or wtf ever ..

Another side note >> I know a girl who wanted me to come overseas to see her hit it etc and her mom was a big time fake lv seller over there ( she also had a real job working for another big designer boutique ) and she said LV had a team actually raid their warehouse / showroom and take all the items and pass out heavy fines ...

The funny part was the lawyers they had there on teh scene to witness everything were both females and both of the bishes were handpicking the " authentic " models to take for themselves - just throwing them in the trunk ...

not cool ..

Side note > the original LV bags the brown monogram isn't leather anyways - it is a coated canvas so it would appear pleather or what not even if it was the real deal ..

Another side note > I saw a lady selling fake lv coin purses and mini hand bags and I stopped to see cause I had nothing better to do and the quality and feel of the actual material ( brown LV Mono ) was actually excellent right on par with the real stuff - very soft n buttery but obviously not leather or the likes . The tan leather however was the give away fake tan with the burgandy edges and not real tanned and beaten LV leather ..

Made me wonder are the people making the fake stuff the same people that LV commisioned to make their material aka materialles or wtf ever ..

Another side note >> I know a girl who wanted me to come overseas to see her hit it etc and her mom was a big time fake lv seller over there ( she also had a real job working for another big designer boutique ) and she said LV had a team actually raid their warehouse / showroom and take all the items and pass out heavy fines ...

The funny part was the lawyers they had there on teh scene to witness everything were both females and both of the bishes were handpicking the " authentic " models to take for themselves - just throwing them in the trunk ...

not cool ..

the worst knock offs of LV are the murakami ones. they are so ugly tou can't look at them directly.

I actually kinda like the look the real murakami's for some reason. Not those big ones though. I knew a girl who spent $150 on a knockoff murakami bag and it was HUGE. I declared it fake the second she walked in the room with it. Made her leave it outside. Shes never brought it out again since. Shit...for $150 you could get a real LV keychain or something! What a colossal waste.

the worst knock offs of LV are the murakami ones. they are so ugly tou can't look at them directly.

I actually kinda like the look the real murakami's for some reason. Not those big ones though. I knew a girl who spent $150 on a knockoff murakami bag and it was HUGE. I declared it fake the second she walked in the room with it. Made her leave it outside. Shes never brought it out again since. Shit...for $150 you could get a real LV keychain or something! What a colossal waste.

^I'm actually dying for the multiple wrap LV watch thing, I am in love...but that much for a watch that I'd barely wear and probably beat the hell out of is dumb.

Not a big fan of the murakami, but I do have dreams about the epi and suahili (sp?) lines.

^I'm actually dying for the multiple wrap LV watch thing, I am in love...but that much for a watch that I'd barely wear and probably beat the hell out of is dumb.

Not a big fan of the murakami, but I do have dreams about the epi and suahili (sp?) lines.