Ties and Things?

bobo

whats the word on ties? in or out? who are we buying? this is a continuation of the post on skinnycorp/threadless tees and the question about their other company Naked & Angry. i think they have some dope ties. they're not inexpensive but hey maybe during holiday season. opinions, comments, criticisms?

here's what i gleaned off the site.

listthumb.jpglistthumb.jpglistthumb.jpg

and yes, i do not work for skinnycorp/threadless...just midwesterngoodness.com

Well my opinion then, I think the ties they make are overpriced and just hype. If I wanted some fancy ties like that there are alot of places I can get em for below $50. For their price, I'd just add $50 and I can score myself some Dior Homme ties which the quality is 1000x better. And yes, like somebody mentioned, I get my ties from vintage for $8. That's is where it's at.

Band of Outsiders has some nice thin ties that were on sale during Barney's last seasonal clearance. But +1 on getting them from vintage shops....you can usually score some good looking 2-2.5" ties for cheap. Quality will range from so-so to good but since I dont wear ties much , quality isnt really an issue since they could be made from tissue paper and would still last me a couple years.

When I start buying ties at prices higher than sales/thrift/vintage, I imagine that I'll also be obsessing about how to get the most premium fabric/paper for my business cards. I look forward to this and the inevitable yuppie killing spree to follow.

Try this site featuring some expensive but nicely designed ties:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/dress-shirts-ties/ulterior-motive-white-sunrise-tie-005656.php