Pointer brand denim

takashi

Well, these are not exactly 'high end' (in fact no jeans they make sell for more than about $40):

http://www.pointerbrand.com/

I noticed them when I was down in Memphis a few months back. They are completely American-made in a factory in Bristol, Tennessee (photographs on their website):

http://www.pointerbrand.com/AmericanMadePride.asp

Of interest are the carpenters' jeans, particularly the striped ones in broken twill.

I've got two pairs of their jeans that I got when I lost about 15 lbs training for a half marathon. Now that I'm not running they don't fit. When they did fit their most noticeable characteristic was the very high waist in back, they have a hell of a yoke on them. The denim is rather thin and I thought very soft but I don't expect it will last a terribly long time. They have a few interesting colors in thier carpenter jeans, my pairs were hickory stripe which is good old fashioned railroad conductor stripes, and fisher stripe which is a herringbone pattern. I wanted to try a raw pair just for the hell of it but never got around to ordering another pair when I returned to my non-running size. I'm going to try out one of their denim chore coats in a waxed denim project in the next little while.

They're ok for what they are but unless you want one of their patterns or are very particular about made in the USA I think you can do better elsewhere.