Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Guest doubletap

nice wallet Beatle. Although I think it looks great tanned, I personally would have not tanned it. I think that work wear leather( just like denim) should be worn in naturally. I think the results are better in the end too.

damn, everyones wallet looks nice... kinda tempted to pick up a new wallet...

hey chicken does fab four ship to the states? kinda thinking about the Skull Wallet... Red Moon wallets look nice, but kinda bit on the pricey side...

What type of leather do they use on red moon wallets? I want to try and make my own wallet but was wondering what grade or type of leather are used on these high end wallets

to my untrained eye, it just looks like 4-5 oz. veggie tanned tooling leather... but i'm not certain by any means

They do, but unless you're gonna turn into one those sickos with multiple $200-$500 wallets give your first wallet some thought.

ha ha nah, pretty sure I'm not one of them sickos...at least i hope I'm not. I bought my first wallet just last year... before that it was money clips and/or rubber bands... haha

hi all

just got this natural belt made for me today, any recommendations on tanning/protecting it? would like to keep the natural colour as far as possible but worried it will end up with indigo marks from belt loops if i dont do something before wearing - obenaufs the best option?

thanks

newbelt1.jpg

beltbuckle1.jpg

beltholes1.jpg

it was in a small shop near where i live in the UK, he has a website here:

http://www.bulldogbelts.co.uk/belts_style2.htm

the belt was very good value as you can see

he actually cut the piece in front of me from a hide i pointed out and put it all together in a few minutes after i chose a buckle, a really interesting process and what a craft.

It's harness leather - heavy, thick and pretty much untreated so far. Asked him about braided belts but he has stopped making them as the process causes arthritis apparently.

Not sure about treating it myself as i like the current look, complete with veins!

Hey Sufu's

I cant decide between those 2 beauties:

KC

img10201078501.jpeg

or

RM-CW02A

rm1hy1.jpg

Mhh I ask, cause for me its a money question i think the RM would be better quality (i never hold a RM or KC) cause everyone says that theire just awesome so as you can see those both wallets look nearly the same.

The KC would cost 130€ (about 180$)

and the RM 230€ (about 320$)

So what would you do? Does anyone have experiences with them ?

Can anyone show me all openigs from the RM cw02a? Cause im wondered what to put in it else bank notes....

hope you can help

cheers

Have you ever even held a long wallet? It's a pretty serious commitment.

That being said, I think most people here will tell you to go for the Red Moon, but I'm really happy with my KC's. The quality is great, and they have more selection in terms of design and sizes. I don't have enought experience with Red Moon to definitively say that they're worth twice as much money, but maybe they are. I'll tell you in ten years.

But I'll probably end up getting a Red Moon too at some point too.

Need some help guys. Recently bought a Redmoon along with the oil through parachutes. When they arrived, there was an extra small plastic bottle with some oil in it (as in the pictures below). Can anyone tell me what this is for? There are no markings on the bottle whatsoever. I've already emailed Redmoon but haven't got any replies from them.

RedmoonOil.jpg

Hey Sufu's

I cant decide between those 2 beauties:

KC

img10201078501.jpeg

or

RM-CW02A

rm1hy1.jpg

Mhh I ask, cause for me its a money question i think the RM would be better quality (i never hold a RM or KC) cause everyone says that theire just awesome so as you can see those both wallets look nearly the same.

The KC would cost 130€ (about 180$)

and the RM 230€ (about 320$)

So what would you do? Does anyone have experiences with them ?

Can anyone show me all openigs from the RM cw02a? Cause im wondered what to put in it else bank notes....

hope you can help

cheers

I just thought of another + for the KC's: They offer several card slot configurations for holding up to (I think) 12 cards, where as the Red Moon just has those long slots. I like slots.