chain stitching

sybaritical

the photos show an "original hem" (also known as california hem i believe) done poorly.

quoted for truth.

that's a fucking horseshit job any way you slice it. like i've said, you can get original hem jobs that look great, inside and out, and you'll never see it unless you're closer than a foot away...

quoted for truth.

that's a fucking horseshit job any way you slice it. like i've said, you can get original hem jobs that look great, inside and out, and you'll never see it unless you're closer than a foot away...

I agree with Pony & others - done properly (ie not like that photo), hem reattachment looks very convincing.

But, if you can't find a chainstitcher, just get a regular hem done. Make it narrow (like half inch) and use a thick 100% cotton thread. That's a fine hem.

im sorry that looks like shit. If that is a picture of what chainstiching is then it looks like amature shit. fuck "chainstiching" (still dont know what the hell it even is but thanks 2 those pics i think it looks like shit anyways)

I would recomend u take your jeans to a good tailor and tell them u want your shit hemmed but to have the original hem to make them look exactly the same but shorter. U people on here try to get too fancy and it turns out looking like shit.

haha.

• 6 years later...