london denim stores

wblati

Yeah those prices seem to be the going rate in the UK. They have some SDA in American classics for £180, and superdenim has them for similar prices.

I wouldn't ever pay that personally but they are not overcharging compared to anyone else.

recently went to American classics... they've got 3 diffrerent SDA cuts, a few 1947 Sugar Canes and some Buzz Rickson sweats and MA1 in blue and green i think.

nothing in Selfridges or Liberties.

Butchers of Distinction did have very recently(last month or so)Sugar cane 1945's- which aren't made now right? they were reasonably priced if i remember - oh and they had a pair of 1955's in a box, but they were stupid money...

also, Folk on lambs Conduit Street are selling Kicking Mules....

that's all i can think of to contribute....

i once found a pair of Jap Yamane's in TK Maxx tho'!

Not as silly as € 699,- for a pair of some predistressed japanese jeans that the salesperson showed me as I asked for other japanese brands they carry.He couldnt tell me the brand,it had a clothpatch that was washed out, no name on the tag inside,but he said they are "absolutely unique" and "handwashed"?? I never saw that kind of jeans on this board nor somewhere else, I am sure there are "unique". I slowly left the shop.

was in selfridges tonight... saw the Evisu mentioned earlier... nice, but £315...to quote Extras.".are they having a laugh?'

the alfred sargent shoes evisu do are also worth a look, but are at least £100 more than you can get them pretty much anywhere else....hmmmm......

I was in Leeds today, and popped into Kiosk 78 to see what the score was there...

Had a chinwag with Gav whilst I was there, and it looks like they're going to be offering a chainstitch hemming service soon, and dropping VAT for non-EU orders. I was well impressed, all that dreamy denim in one place :D

Didn't buy anything though, as my credit is crunched at the moment... :(

PS Can we get this thread renamed 'UK denim stores'?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah those prices seem to be the going rate in the UK. They have some SDA in American classics for £180, and superdenim has them for similar prices.

I wouldn't ever pay that personally but they are not overcharging compared to anyone else.

Or get them from me at www.flat-head.co.uk:

This website will be up and running very shortly. We do have in stock and ready to ship a large range of denim, some of the jeans we hold are: 3001, 4001, 1005, 3005, 5005, F380, 5100, 3009 and 3003.

Price delivered for all styles except the 1005 is:

GBP165, Eur240 or USD290

For the 1005's price delivered is:

GBP180, Eur255 or USD310

Get in touch if you need help or want something. PayPal and CC's accepted.

Giles

I was in Leeds today, and popped into Kiosk 78 to see what the score was there...

Had a chinwag with Gav whilst I was there, and it looks like they're going to be offering a chainstitch hemming service soon, and dropping VAT for non-EU orders. I was well impressed, all that dreamy denim in one place :D

Didn't buy anything though, as my credit is crunched at the moment... :(

PS Can we get this thread renamed 'UK denim stores'?

Chainstitching in the UK at fucking last. What are we? The Denim third-world or something?!

Just hope they hem jeans that weren't bought from them;)

G'day guys

lovely post you have here!

I do have a question to ask though. There is a thread on the superdenim about shops with jeans all over the world. I would really appreciate it if you could contribute to it. I travel a lot and I am sure others on SuFu do to, so it'd be really great if we could visit the shops you do :) please post on it.